Tornado F3/GR1 Catch up

Andy Conway

Being the designer of the Tornado going on at the moment it's about time I caught up with their first class builds and put some balsa on the board.

I will not go over a full build as the others have shown how the basic build is done apart from Peters first class lost foam version, there has been a number of tweaks to the design here and there, so I will show were things have changed on my part to the design, as it is some twenty years since I last built a Tornado.

I will also show the the method used for my swing wing version, this will be incorporated into my GR1. which is for a duel version EDF/PSS but will not be ready for the April event at the Orme but will be for June.

The following pic'sdscn3113.jpg are for the changes made to the rear fuselage sides to aid alignment to front fuzz I have pinched Andy Blackburn's idea, but have incorporated this into the ply bush attached to the fuzz side cut and remove bottom part later when ready to sheet this section.

• 2 weeks later...

Rez: Yes used pic that Matt posted stuck onto clear plastic then used the large LED that comes with lighting system from H/K. also LED strip which can be cut to size required.

Phil: Tailpipes can be used in both as as the outlet for EDF is only 40mm. dia same as Sea Vixen.

Thanks Matt but I will wait to see what you get upto next.wink