Which one ?

trebor

Nearly ready to test my Fun cub and ran a few props. I could do with some advise here as to which one would be best or could I use them all ?

The motor is marked up 1100 kv . 525w

45 Esc

Tested on my watt meter at maximum throttle

Wood prop 11x5 draws 29.67 amp h

Apc prop 11x5.5 draws 29.98 amp h

Apc prop 12x6 draws 35.90 amp h

Advert

Trebor, they will all fly it fine, I would probably plump for the APC 5.5< I had one on mine for a while (but with a 910kv motor) so you will potentially have a bit more speed, but my estimated 330w ish will be fine and longer flight times over the 12x6

Wooden props are usually more effeciant than nylon (they dont flex under load) but they are comparatively fragile so can be an expensive option unless every landing is a good one - in many cases a nylon prop will survive a nose over when a wooden one will shatter

So go with the 11x5.5 APC one - at least for now

It's the current (Amps) that is the main limiting factor for a motor. If a motor is quoted as having a limit of (say) 30A then propping it so it draws (say) 40A is asking for trouble whether you use 1 cell, 2 cells, 3 cells or whatever... With the higher cell counts you'll get a higher Wattage - and also more rpm. But you won't be able to achieve the (supposed) maximum wattage on a lower number of cells.

So, when you initially said, "The motor is marked up 1100 kv . 525w" the '525W' marking on the motor is somewhat meaningless without also stating the voltage.

If the motor is safe for 50A then yes, 525W is achievable on 3 cells, but not on 2. Or maybe it's only rated at 30A in which case 525W could be achieved on 5 cells, but not 4 or less.

I can see now why some stick to liquid power... First time I've really used a watt meter, this one seems to save the highest readings to flash them on and off quickly at the end which I find a bit confusing especially when it's too quick to read.