Ideal ARTF Model for an 80 sized FS?

Looking for ideas of ARTF models to put an 80 sized four stroke in. I've already got the Ripmax/Foss kits on my radar along with another power plant so looking for other suggestions.

Main requirement is for it to be an enjoyable Summer evening flyer that is quick to assemble and get in the air (which may rule out bi-planes and models like Cubs that have wing struts)?

What would your ideal model be for this?

Edited By Scruffmeister on 31/03/2015 18:37:33

Advert

Hangar 9 pulse 60 or great planes escapde 61. I have had or currently have both and while slightly small the 80 should power either. I actually did a review on the escapade for...another magazine (don't shoot me). I was impressed in general but there were a few niggles. Anyway, I have a laser 100 in mine and its great. I do think the pulse would be the better bet if you only have the 80 available though

Completely agree with Jon. Slightly off, but hopefully follows the same logic- I've had a Pulse XT40, Escapade 40 and now Escapade MX, all powered by an ASP61 FS, which technically is towards the bottom end of the power range suggested, much like an 80FS would be on a 60 size version.

All flew really well and certainly the current ASP 61 FS powered Escapade MX can do huge loops and although not endless verticals, it's sufficient and makes you use the throttle and fly by the wings rather than drag the plane around by brute force. I would imagine an 80 FS would be equally at home in a 60 size.

Edited By Reno Racer on 31/03/2015 21:19:26

Edited By Reno Racer on 31/03/2015 21:20:01