What is your opinion

Erfolg

I am considering buying one of these as a first indoor occasional garden helicopter.

I have had a Pico Z, but the lipo is very tired now.

I bought a Twister CP, and that is to difficult for me at present.

I am looking for a helicopter to get me from the Pico Z to the Twister CP, which I can fly indoors (church hall mainly) with the odd time in the garden. I am only interested in electric. The new low price has attracted me.

What is the experience of you guys out there with this model?

Erfolg

Advert

Not a bad little training heli mate my ealier version the twister bell 47 has done me really good service and durable to make sure you get spare rotor blades as you will break a few some spare bty,s are usefull even though the originall is a 2s 1p 800mAh 10c I use a dualsky 2s 1p 620mAh 15c bty with virtually no reduction in flight times due to the lighter wieght these are available from alshobbies but also check giantcod.co.uk they have some at incredibly low prices. The heli by the way draws about 5Amp max so both bty's are well within capacity.

Happy hovering Phil

Eric

I have bought the Coastguard Twister.

Seems that it may be a little different to your model, as far as i can see the balance weights are cylindrical.

Seems to have the same problem as another thread though with the charger. Re green and red lights. I need to read more on this one before I come to a conclusion,  if there is a problem or not.

It is quite a bit bigger, heavier than my Twister CP, yet has the same battery, I think, must check. I guess the motor must work harder, for a shorter period. If the same motor i guess any additional increase in weight, ie bigger battery, will be counter productive.

Has no one else bought this model?

Regards

Erfolg  

the twister coastgaurd is basically the old bell 47 mechanics with a different fuselage and some bells and whistles like the LBW and MOPs they work well on a dual sky 2s1p 620Mah 15c bty (these give a max of 9.3 amps as opposed to 8 amps from the std bty and weigh less)available from alis hobbies or try giant cod for similar as for weight of the heli I'm not sure but guess it must be slightly heavier

Phil

Eric

I am practicing with FMS at the moment, it is like balancing a pole on the end of your finger, At present if i can keep the model(image) above the runway area for a few seconds i think I have done well.

This could be a longish process.

Erfolg

hi Eric.

The FMS is a good sim much better than the one they gave away with the mag I find it a bit to good on some points like the trees have branches you cant see and the heli all ways crashes if you are below hafe stick and this allways gets you a boom strick as you say it takes some getting us to but I still like flying it if all alse fails some times I put the camera on follow and fly it as if I were in the heli follwing it and then I go out of range and the heli goes wild in to negative flyte and spins and sumersults all over the place all good fun and keeps me out of mischef.

sim fantastic Owen. 

• 1 month later...

hello guys,

first of all please forgive me my English,i am Portuguese and I do not speak English correctly.anyway here is my problem:I have bought the twister Coastguard, with full transmitter trim applied, it still yawing round to the left,i try to adjust the yaw trim on the gyro but it still yawing round to the left, he did not something like this before.

can someone tell me how to solve this problem?

thank you very much

khalu

Hi Eric

I have flown my coastguard in the lounge (fancy word for where we sit and watch tele).

It hovers very nicely, have occasionally got out of shape, with the consequence of a heavy landing, where the thingy ma gib has popped out. at the top of the rotor shaft

It is very much more stressful than the computer simulator, in that I got into a bad habit of terminating any flight which was bad by just closing the throttle, cannot do that with real thing.

I am now waiting for our winter sessions in the church hall, for some proper practice.

Erfolg