Laser 80 needs a home

gillyg1

I have a laser 80 looking for a home, its got to be a warbird. preferably an ARTF as I don't have the time too build, any recommendations please, something which actually resembles the real thing !! if you know what I mean. hopefully I've posted this in the right forum. figure it would have too be in the 7 to 8lb bracket as anything heavier would require a 90 size fs.

cheers Graham

Advert

If you want more of a warbird, you might try something like this. It a Hangar 9 Corsair 50 and flew beautifully in a 91 FS, which was slightly overpowered, a laser 80 would be ideal. Mine has been repainted and scaled out a bit from the standard ARF in the first picture. I have also seen a recent release of an SBD Dauntless by VQ which looks loooovley and fits the size.

Cheers for the replies guys, have been trying too source / buy either the corsair or the dauntless, would appear there is no uk agent for VQ models, and if you know off anyone with the relevant corsair kit for sale I would be very interested. by the way RR you've done a brilliant job on yours, wasn't it reviewed in one of the mags ?? , made the front page if I remember correctly.wink

Yep, it was featured on the letters page. Funnily enough, I've also been after one again, I sold mine last year and have regretted it every since, beautiful model to fly. I am also trying (unsuccessfully) to get my hands on a discontinued H9 Hellcat 60 to then jazz up in FAA colours.

For VQ models, I believe SloughRC stock them. You might also consider some of the big German online stores, hobby direct, mhm, CMC modellbau and others, they usually have a wide stock and I'm sure I've seen a VQ Dauntless on one of their sites. It takes a day or so longer in the post, but fairly easy and painless to order from Germany, albeit they do seem a bit more expensive.