DX9 Throttle Options, IC

perry atkins

On my Futaba TXs I am used to being able to set a high idle for normal flight, (moving the throttle stick to minimum reached this point).then a landing idle which closes the throttle a tad more via the switch...then finally engine cut.

Has anyone managed this on a DX9?...

Obviously the throttle cut part is easy....but the low/landing idle eludes me.sad

Advert

Perry. I am sure someone will be along soon who knows the answer. But something to be going on with is using a free mixer. Not familiar with the dx9 I have an 8. But I would investigate the use of mixing  throttle with throttle and use one of the three position switches with a normal position a slow idle position and a engine cut position. I am sure it might be doable but will drive you mad setting up the mixes. Check put on the web some of the posts re using throttle mixes to set motor off for electric models

good luck

Edited By gangster on 21/04/2015 14:08:32

Perry - as you have found, the throttle cut part is easy as there is a dedicated section in the menu for it. Just below that in the menu is 'Throttle Curves'. You can define multiple throttle curves, changing the way the servo responds to stick movement. You could have two curves, with different low stick points. You could even have a third, with a throttle cut at low stick to keep them all on one switch. The throttle curve switching can be assigned to different flight modes, or just assigned to any switch you like - there are plenty to choose from.

Does the Dx9 have flight conditions, if it does then you should be able to set different trim settings for different flight conditions, so have one flight condition for landing with a lower trim setting, and then another flight condition with a higher trim setting for normal flight. That will also allow you to adjust the throttle trim for both flight conditions in flight.

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 21/04/2015 22:21:37:

Does the Dx9 have flight conditions, if it does then you should be able to set different trim settings for different flight conditions, so have one flight condition for landing with a lower trim setting, and then another flight condition with a higher trim setting for normal flight. That will also allow you to adjust the throttle trim for both flight conditions in flight.

Just checked the manual, the Dx9 does have flight conditions and can be set to have independent trim settings per flight condition, so this would work for what you want to do.

• 4 months later...

Hello all, just changed to DX9 with AR 9310 RX, finding the input ports confusing, two rows with dual use for inputs, Help please?

Can i programme throttle stick to be throttle and kill motor and use throttle stick for crow brakes, this is on full house glider with motor?

More, sorry, can i programme my Hacker ESC 70 pro with jetty box or do i need card or plugging pc with( forgotten the name)?

Posted by Derek on 26/08/2015 09:40:43:

Can i programme throttle stick to be throttle and kill motor and use throttle stick for crow brakes, this is on full house glider with motor?

You probably could, but would you want to? you'd need to have 3 setups 1) throttle on, no crow 2) no throttle and no crow 3) crow and no throttle. If you were landing and wanted to throttle up, you have to first remove the crow, switch to position 2, move throttle to idle then go to position 1 and then open the throttle, whew. On a glider the motor does one thing and that's get you to height, like a tow plane or a bungee, crow is you primary method of controlling the landing approach.

Thanks Steve, i used to have a Graupner 16/20 and had throttle on stick, deploy brakes with 3 way switch and if needed to abort landing, open throttle and brakes were put away, now how i did that i do not know, the 9 is new to me and struggling a bit at present.

Posted by Derek on 26/08/2015 13:18:25:

Thanks Steve, i used to have a Graupner 16/20 and had throttle on stick, deploy brakes with 3 way switch and if needed to abort landing, open throttle and brakes were put away, now how i did that i do not know, the 9 is new to me and struggling a bit at present.

I do something similar with my MPX Profi using the Logic switches (multiplex call them Magic switches), if the throttle goes above 10% the airbrakes are deactivated and retract. I don't think the Dx9 has logic switches but maybe you could do a throttle to airbrake mix where if the throttle is opened it retracts the airbrakes, or could the throttle stick be made to double as a switch and at a preset point switch off the airbrake "mix"