Balsa Cartoon Cutlass

Nice Vulcan Clive!

As for my Cutlass, it's been repaired but somehow i'm positively afraid to get it flying again! The same goes for my Can-Doo. Add to that other projects (including foamies!) I found myself already having too many models...

Furthermore, we've been blessed with good weather from January until... now. Thus, on weekends I go flying and building activities grind to a halt. Check Clube de Aeromodelismo de Lisboa website and FB page for more info.

Regards,

Paulo

Posted by Fun Flyer on 08/04/2019 12:48:05:
Posted by Paulo Peres on 07/04/2019 09:32:51:

As for my Cutlass, it's been repaired but somehow i'm positively afraid to get it flying again!

+1 frown

Come on lads, are we mice or men on this forum......( pass the cheese please smiley)

If you do get them in the air, try flying at half throttle and keeping the model close.

Both my foam and wooden examples will safely creep around the circuit, holding in full up and maintaining altitude with throttle.

If you try this, do it with plenty of altitude at first, and make power changes smoothly, particularly if using a prop bigger than 6" dia.

Ron

Posted by Paulo Peres on 10/04/2019 20:54:24:

smiley

You're absolutely right! I'll have a go at it as soon as I run out of cheese nerd !!! Won't take long...

I've got an 8x6 prop installed, thus I'll keep the power on the conservative side.

Paulo

If I can just get my squeak in; please let us know how it turns out.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 21/02/2021 at 13:01, Graham Foster said:

Is the cg really where shown on the plan? It seems a long way forward, my 2200 lipo is in the nose section to balance.

My 2200 Lipo is as stated on the plan and I had to add about 20grs really upfront to have it launched in a straight line.