Messerschmitt model identiy problem

Vince East

Hello everyone,

Several years ago I brought a messerschmitt rc balsa model in a clearance auction for £20 it had its cowl missing but despite this I brought it with the intention of making one myself by obtaining plans. Now i am not a pro builder and need plans to build a cowl. The problem is I cant find another plane quite like this one let alone any sort of plans. for years I have tried to find out what it is as im desperate to fly it but due to my being fussy i wont fly it incomplete.

please could anyone have a look at the pics I have uploaded on youtube via the link at the bottom and assist me with identifying this very detailed and apparently rare plane.

any help at all would be greatly received.

Kind regards, Vince. https://youtu.be/91zW5kEmtRI

Advert

Sorry, can't help with the engine mounts and the only plan I have about that size is the Brian Taylor one which is 69ins span.

If you now know the model and the wingspan, you can trawl through Outerzone, Hip pocket, AeroFred , model-plans.co.uk and the other plan sites. You might find one to suit. If you get totally stuck pm me and I will scale one for you.

kevinb.

Id like to say a massive thankyou to all of you for your great help and advice. KC You are right that is the exact model I have and I have been intouch with myhobbystores and purchased a cowl from them. increadibly they still make them.

I will post pics as soon as i have fitted it and the engine.

Kind regards,

Vince.

It took a lot of looking for but becauseI it was in an old Plans Handbook I persisted until it came up. See my comment in another thread about Plans Service.

Note what I said about it's vacformed. The original was glassfibre maybe from Brian Taylor himself but at some stage it was listed as vacformed.