just engines jens duo exhaust 30cc

john melia 1

i bought one of these exhaust system £85 from je , after watching a video of a 26cc petrol engine performing with this exhaust on JE website

my sbach 30cc before installing this exhaust would climb vertical out of sight , but now runs out of steam while climbing vertical and falls backwards ,

the exhaust has twin baffles inside , and does a good job at quietening down the engine , but with a very noticable loss in performance , yet in the video they claim the engine on test had increased rpm with the same exhaust

i'm just wondering if anyone else has tried one of these systems , and if so what did they experience with it

its looking like i'm going to have to go back to a stock exhaust deflector (cant really call it a muffler/exhaust) to regain the power i have lost

seems a waste of £85

Advert

I can't answer your specific questions John, but as a matter of interest, How effective is it as a silencer?? If the criteria was to find a more efficient silencer, does it stand out as any better??

thanks

Just a thought, Has it affected the power band in such a way that it needs a higher / lower revving prop?? I guess though I would have expected a drop in power from a good silencer (with the exception of a long tuned pipe )

Edited By stu knowles on 30/06/2015 07:32:10

Edited By stu knowles on 30/06/2015 07:32:46

ok i phoned JE and theres nothing that can be done with the power loss , its a trade off between power and noise reduction

when i say power loss , the only place where it is very noticable is in a vertical climb , it will still climb vertically but will run out of steam and begin to fall back , as opposed to it disappearing out of sight with the stock can

having said that , if you are looking for an exhaust to significantly reduce the noise then this one does exactly that , it totally eradicates that annoying crack so evident of a petrol engine

Posted by john melia 1 on 30/06/2015 12:09:07:

ok i phoned JE and theres nothing that can be done with the power loss , its a trade off between power and noise reduction

Which I guess is sort of what we'd expect, though it certainly makes the claim of increased rpm in that video sound a bit "loose"

Sounds like it may still fit the bill for me though