1.5m aerobatic project

Advert

Simple way to hold the cowl on - fuselage mounted magnet and a bolt in the cowl. I'll do the same at the bottom of the cowl too.

Magnet to magnet would be a lot stronger but I think this will be enough. It can't rotate because of the way it slips over the engine box and anyway, it can't fall off because of the spinner. The advantage of the bolt is that you can screw it in/out to get it in the right position.

img_2421.jpg

img_2424.jpg

Edited By MartinBell on 17/07/2015 17:04:21

Bob, here here! A fantastic piece of engineering, Martin!

From an original idea, to an original design, to CAD, to parts, to build...

One day I *might* be able to do something similar....

I would happily buy the CNC woodpack, or better still use your drawings to laser cut the parts myself (if I ever get my CNC miller / laser cutter running) and build one of these.

It has GOT to be a candidate for an RCM&E free plan, but failing that a CNC former and wing rib pack would do me....

Love it!

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 17/07/2015 19:29:03

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 17/07/2015 19:29:53

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 17/07/2015 19:32:13

Thanks for all of the positive comments. Quite pleased with the way it's going at the moment. Regarding publication of a plan, it's a distinct possibility but I would like to see how it performs first. No point having a nice looking model that is a dog to fly!

That's a very kind offer, thank you. I did try some recovery tools myself but to no avail.

To be perfectly honest I'd be very reluctant to share that design anyway. There were quite a few things that, in hindsight, were not particularly well thought through. I only designed it far enough that I could then bodge it/make it up as I went along during the build. There are no plans for it at all. It ended up fairly nose heavy and the wing area was probably a little too large (bit too floaty and didn't snap particularly well). Who knows, maybe I'll revisit it one day and fix all of the above!

• 3 weeks later...
Haven't got round to weighing it just yet but it didn't feel too bad when I assembled it for the photo (with lipo onboard too). Hopefully it'll be ok!

U/c fairing is actually a bit untidy at the moment but I'll fix it after the first flight. The picture flatters it!