Ipad help.

fly boy3

Advert

Open up your forum album (top of the home page) and select 'edit photos'. When a new page opens up select 'add more photos', this will open up yet another page where you can select 'choose file'. Touch the 'choose file' tab and select 'photo library' from the pop up tab, this will take you to your iPad's menu choice. Select 'camera roll' and touch the photo required from those on show and you'll be taken back to the page where you can 'choose file'. If this is the only photo you want to upload, touch 'upload photos' and it will put the image into your photo album. From there you'll be able to add a title or details. Hope that makes it a bit clearer for you.

It might sound complex, but once you've done it once or twice it'll be easy, if laborious.

I've just tried it with my Hudl and it uploaded a pic OK. Interesting that the upload page on both my PC and Hudl show 'Browse' rather than 'Choose file', although that may be the browser function (Firefox).

The only suggestion I could make would be to try clearing your browser's cache. The techies sometimes make changes in the background that means the stored page on your device no longer works as it should. If you don't know how to, Googling will find you the answer.

Pete

ps Just tried it with Chrome on the Hudl and that shows 'Choose file', so it's a browser thing

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 09/08/2015 11:06:35

One thing I have noticed, and I dont know if it's iPad related is that if I add a title and description to photos in the album, when I come to select a photo for inclusion in a post, they all now appear as "image.jpg", and not the name I've given them. It does make selection a tad awkward.

What's more strange is that photos I added years ago still have the names attached.

I've been adding photos from my IPad 4 and I'm afraid there is no easy way. All photos will be 'image jpg' which makes them an absolute pain to identify. You may also need to edit for size if the photo was taken using your Ipad as they are too big for the forum! It's an IPad issue 'cos it's an absolute doddle from my laptop or pc. Been a year now and there is no solution other than taking forever !

Thanks lads will give it ago. I now have a more pressing problem, after an up date, I cannot open Google. I thought I would un install it , then re install it, but I found my app store would not open also. Tried the usual (pressing home and off buttons) but nothing. What can I do Thank you.

If you have a very early iPad newer updates won't necessarily be sympathetic. Also, overlaying many updates can cause running problems and the only way to overcome this is to back up all your iPad content to iCloud and do a factory reset. Once the reset has been effected reinstall your data from iCloud and install the latest software. It might sound a bit drastic, but it should make your iPad run smoother. BTW, backing up to iCloud won't save any passwords used to access forums, eBay etc. so be sure to write them down remember them prior to resetting.

If your not sure about the process there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube. thumbs up

Posted by Bill_B on 10/08/2015 17:58:58:

If you have a very early iPad newer updates won't necessarily be sympathetic. Also, overlaying many updates can cause running problems and the only way to overcome this is to back up all your iPad content to iCloud and do a factory reset. Once the reset has been effected reinstall your data from iCloud and install the latest software. It might sound a bit drastic, but it should make your iPad run smoother. BTW, backing up to iCloud won't save any passwords used to access forums, eBay etc. so be sure to write them down remember them prior to resetting.

If your not sure about the process there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube. thumbs up

If your running an early pad (IPAD 1) the above still wont allow you to upload photos to the forum.

Apple stopped releasing software upgrades for IPAD 1 at Version 5.1.1 and this is the problem.

Only newer Ipads have the latest releases of IOS that allow to do what Bill demonstrates in his post @ 9/8/15 09:24

In short if your using an IPAD1 and want to upload photos to the forum, you cant (and will never be able to)