My First Project

Advert

The first flight in the first field was a no result, we are moving up to the next field tonight, I cannot judge how far it actually went so it may take a few nights but at least I have managed to cover the whole of the area I thought it was in, I may post my flight tonight on this blog and see if anybody out there has an eagle eye. It was a bit windy last night so the into wind shots were fine, even at low throttle when the Trojan turned into the wind it went a little to quick so I had to keep turning and turning to cover the area. The Flightcam is an awesome piece of kit.  

Just read through this post and feel absolutely gutted for you Stevan.

Good luck with your search.

One thought, if its likely to be in a field of crops would be to ask the local farmer/s to ask the combine driver to keep a lookout. Those guys sit pretty high up and may just spot it.

Just a thought.

Gary.

Well it has gone from bad to disastrous, I was out flying the Trojan last night with the Flycam one2 and was happily trawling up and down the field with my best mate and Father in Law with me and I lost sight of the Trojan behind some trees and guess what, it crashed!!!!!!!. No problem I thought I knew exactly where it had come down (or so I thought), this was at 7.30pm. You were all right about how much further they come down than you actually think at 9.30 we still hadn't found the Trojan and by this time I was seriously p'd off. I decided to try a little further out and turned on my T/X and heard a beeping noise of the ESC and shouted to my Father In Law and mate to come over but they couldn't hear it, we all moved forward and kept stopping and I was using the T/x to control the servos. We heard a faint noise and thank god we found it with the Flycam still attached but a little bit of damage to the plane. On viewing the footage I still cannot see the BF-109 but having seen how much further on the Trojan was than we thought I have decided to rebuild the damaged parts of my Trojan and try again, I am going to try and upload the video, if any of you see anything let me know. I am still nuts about this sport but it has now become very very expensive. I have learnt a very expensive lesson regarding this sport with Flight conditions, COG, flying space etc, I suppose you never really stop learning!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...