cloud dancer 120

Advert

Hi Phil

I have the 60 size 71" Cloud Dancer and let me tell you it's an absolute superb flyer.. it has a low wing loading and hovers into wind.

Mine has a Saito 72 up front with mechanical retracts. It's unserviceable at the moment.. I need to strengthen the U/C mounts and fit Robart retracts and possibly change the engine for an 82 or 91 F/S.

The ARTF was made my ACE then Thunder Tiger. It was designed by Vic Smeed - a world renowned modeller/designer. David Boddington also had a write-up on it and rated it highly.

If you want a Fibreglass cowl PM me and I'll send you the link for the US company that makes them.

Ash

Edited By ASH. on 22/08/2015 18:15:44

Edited By ASH. on 22/08/2015 18:16:16

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 22/08/2015 19:38:36:

that's a distinctive design, it would look good with retracts.

distinctive is that polite for ugly? wink . I am a very slow builder but I am hoping to get it done over the winter. from what I can find out it is a bit of a floater and should be good for some relaxed flying but will do aerobatics when required

From what I remember.. the rolls were quite slow, almost as if the wings were getting in the way. If you took 6" off the wingtips it would be a lot more agile. But I do like the tail shape.. quite different. No vices that I know of and with the wheels ups flying low and slow it's a picture.

the plan shows a 98 inch and a shorter 86 inch wing span versions

The original was built with a 98 inch one piece wing but the plan also shows how to build in a wing tube but this fits across where the retracts will need to fit so some re engineering will be needed. My only worry is that a wing tube retracts and flap servos are all adding weight and part of the charm of this model is down to its light wing loading. It still has a lot of wing area I just hope I don't ruin it. I guess there is only one way to find out

• 1 month later...