Wing covering novice needs advise

trebor

Advert

Well Done Trebor what a finish With the green you mention you can only stretch and fit as the white to cover the tip but this time you will only be able to get a tight narrow finish on the edge of the wing tip. With regards to a green strip round the edge to the aileron well I am not sure this will be easy Maybe some else has had success in carryout such a feat ??

Cheers, I got the underside done in green ( two attempts ) now I am having a problem with this trim to match the other wing. I'm trying not to heat up too much as its moving the layer underneath, I keep getting air bubbles and unable to shrink the wrinkles out due to it sticking to a moving surface. Any tips would be appreciated dont know

001 (6).jpg

002 (3).jpg

Still here, I'm happy with the results on the top and bottom covers, the trim is on but not perfect. I went round all wing covering with some cover grip on the edges. Now on the fusalarge, I bought it second hand and it had litho alloy covering up poor repairs to undercarage. So wood work done and it's having a bit of a colour change down there. I'm finding it easier than the wing tips as its quite flat. Pictures to follow yes

Trevor. Make some 1\2 wide strips of your covering drop it over the groove then put some spare wire of the correct width to fill the groove and hot iron on the wire hey presto then fold back the spare and iron down onto your ply. Then cover as normal cutting the top film into your groove By the way excellent wing tip covering are you placing it some concourse exhibition down south ?

Edited By RC Plane Flyer on 16/11/2015 14:43:35

I was just going to try boiling water to heat some thick piano wire in the grove but thanks for the tip I will give it a go. Oh I get wound up if its not right, its just me frown I must admit the frame work is pretty poor, it could do with planking and sanding off. I will have to start building from scratch when I get a better workshop / room, I can only just fit this on my bench.

Posted by trebor on 16/11/2015 14:28:30:

Wing tip

003.jpg

I made some double ply slotted pieces to take the landing gear but I`m not sure haw to put the covering in the grove now. Slowly getting there, it had a white sides and underside but i fancied a change.

002 (4).jpg

very neat job yes how did you get that curve, did you cut it by hand? its perfect.