Eflite 200 SR X with DX6

Robert Armstrong 2

Bought the BNF hell at Nats to bind to my DX6. Despite the 200 SRX being relatively recent, the DX6 is not included in the setups in the manual. There is a setup for the model which can be downloaded from the Spektrum site which seems to match the DX9 setup, except that the rudder doesn't have a 70% low rate and the timer is set to 5 minutes rather than 8. However, given the eccentric way that AS3x receivers are set up, there is no way to verify which switch activates the 'panic' setting. The manual only illustrates the RTF tx, which uses the Trainer/Bind switch on the left rear shoulder of the tx. Of course, the DX6 has a Trainer switch at this position but also has a separate Bind switch. I assume it's the trainer switch rather that the (inconveniently placed for panicking) bind switch. Anyone know for sure?

I searched for the rx manual, but got a warranty leaflet in many languages masquerading as a manual.

Edited By Robert Armstrong 2 on 31/08/2015 10:15:54

Close, but no cigar wink.

I have a DX6, not DX6i

Answered my own question by thinking about it. The only channel not in obvious use is Aux1. The servo monitor screen showed that the only switch that affected that channel is the actual bind button, which is really inconveniently placed on the DX6 to use as a panic switch. The DX6 does allow changes to switch assignments, but buggered if I can work out how to do it sad

I noticed that on the same site someone asked almost the same question 9 months ago, from the US. Clearly HH don't bother to look at these questions. Wonder how long it will take to get a DX6 equivalent to the DX6i note that you found, which does not seem to be on the HH UK site.

Disappointed in HH, thought they were better at customer service than that.

• 1 month later...

Overall I am quite pleased with the 200SR x. It has enabled me to make some progress and achieve a nose-in hover for the first time, albeit on the beginner rates, and manage a lazy eight in the (quite small) back garden. Still to see whether the improvement can transfer to 'more advanced' setting.

It does have some weaknesses, like a rather fragile tail boom, rubber grommets to hold the canopy in place that don't seem to want to stay in their holes in the canopy (lost three so far).

It also has a potential 'gotcha' with the tail rotor motor. It you reinstall the tail rotor blade back to front the motor can't produce enough thrust without seriously overspeeding and (in my case) burning out. As its fixed pitch, the tail rotor is not a symmetrical airfoil, but has a concave and convex side. It also has a (rather subtle) texture difference, but the hub is identical each side. The manual does not cover this, so if, like me, you stupidly don't make a note of which way round it should go and then get the wrong advice from the supplier you bought it from……hot burned out motor and melted tail case. I got a helpful link from another thread on here and also (somewhat to my surprise) a reply from the manufacturer to confirm that this was the cause, as I also wondered if I had plugged the motor into the ESC the wrong way round. Incidentally, the manual doesn't cover this either, but the email from the manufacturer did. There is also a useful document on the Horizon Hobby US website about setting up the servos if they need replacement and also altering gain settings to change throttle response.

It probably won't surprise you that the necessary spares were bought from a different supplier angry