Reflex sim problems

On my old Dell computer, working on Windows XP I had a REFLEX flight sim. When I purchased my new Dell computer, of course, it had Vista. I approached Andrew at Century UK ( the importers ) to help me achieve the transfer. He very kindly sent me a his disc which he had used to achieve the transfer on his own personal computer and he followed up with instructions on its installation. Unfortunately when I tried to change the scenery on the newly installed REFLEX (in Vista) I got the message "error writing INI file" and " error reading scene file (s3-2a)" and "error reading scene file (s1-2a)". Despite all of Andrews valiant efforts I am unable to get any change of scenery on my REFLEX flight sim although the rest of the programme works fine! I have also sent an email to REFLEX in Germany but have had no response.
Any ideas please

Advert

• 5 months later...
If you check on the Reflex site it says to copy files from the reflex directory on the XP pc and then put them on the Vista pc C drive. I did this and it works fine. Only trouble no icon you have to remember to access the directory from explorer and then the exe file to start programme. I understand that the latest version will install normally but who wants to buy a new version?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ive just been bought Reflex for christmas by my very thoughtful other half, but when I try to install it on my laptop - running on vista - only the model editor instals! I've tried searching for the sim in directory, but it just isn't there!!! I think I'm gonna have to return it and go for the Phoenix sim instead!!

Hi John - the Reflex sim is on it's way back to the shop as we speak, and Phoenix will be replacing it. The laptop is also new, and the graphics capabilities are very good - I've downloaded the phoenix demo, and it looks superb!! - much better than the reflex demo, and a much nicer look to the whole program! I can't wait to get my hands on phoenix now. I'm also able to conect the laptop to my new 40" LCD TV, so can't wait to see the results!!!

Happy new year to you and yours as well John! She'll have to put in a lot of sim time before I'll let her near my planes!! Joking aside, she's a wonderful woman who puts up with me spending hours with my nose buried in various magazines and websites, and she even bought me a Precision Aerobatics Extra 260 for my birthday earlier in the year - I couldn't ask for more really ( apart from maybe the new PA Ultimate, but best not push my luck eh!!!!!! ). James

Hi Ian,

I have solved the problem modifying the three files that have extension .INI disabling "READ-ONLY" (THESE FILES ARE IN REFLEX FOLDER C:\PROGRAM FILES\REFLEX.

I wait to have helped you.

a greeting! (sorry for my english but I am spanish).