Pylon mounted motors...Bixler

john stones 1 - Moderator

Advert

It's been mentioned before on the Bixler threads on RCGroups, and the general view is that, as the thrust angle is difficult to change due to the motor fixings, most people with TX's that allow mixing is to mix a small amount of up elevator with increasing throttle. Not ideal, but works.

Steve

Posted by john stones 1 on 10/10/2015 12:42:44:

I can change thrust angle easy enough Steve not sure if it's the answer though, yes already considered a mix on throttle stick but i'm curious if there's a mechanical fix

John

Yea, a couple of motors, a few chains and gear cogs, some micro switches, that would fix it mechanically.wink 2

Thrust angle required is too dependent on thrust level on pylon mounted props IMO, so set the thrust angle to the required normal cruise (as I did with my "training ship" for youngsters), and then fly it like a real plane, trimming to throttle setting.

Posted by Dave Bran on 10/10/2015 13:12:22:
Thrust angle required is too dependent on thrust level on pylon mounted props IMO, so set the thrust angle to the required normal cruise (as I did with my "training ship" for youngsters), and then fly it like a real plane, trimming to throttle setting.

My Easy Star doesn't exhibit any untoward pitch changes when opening up the throttle, so I suspect adjusting the thrust line might help.