200 SR X Tail rotor orientation

Robert Armstrong 2

The 200 SRX has a motor driven three blade tail rotor. I stupidly took off a broken rotor blade without noting the orientation. Strangely, neither the manual nor the replacement part shows which way round it should go. It can be installed with either the concave or the convex face of the blade facing left or right.

Anyone know which way is correct?

That's weird. I looked at the Horozon Hobby site after starting the thread and there is a picture of the tail set up which appears to be the other way round. I wonder if the rotation direction of the tail rotor motor would affect this? Is your tail rotor motor plug connected to the ESC 'black wire to brown'?

Edited By Robert Armstrong 2 on 14/10/2015 13:13:45

Actually, both sides of the blades are 'smooth'. Both are also curved, one concave, one convex.

It can do worse than make the tail motor run hot, mine burnt out. Completely unnecessary and avoidable, both by me noting which way round the blades were before I took them off and by E-Flite by noting in the Manual that this is a potential 'gotcha'. Still, helps to keep up the spare parts sales I suppose.

There is a lot of good info about the 200SRX on helifreak, not only about repair but also other information about better ways of doing trim flights rather than the HH way.

It seems to be a very good forum on heli things. Have got a lot of useful info about my SR120 as well.

Also settings for using it on Phoenix which has made the sim much more like the real thing than it was when I first started.

If you are a beginner with these infernal machines, like I am, it is worth a look.

MaxG

No problem Robert wink

I couldn't agree more on the poor design and documentation though, my son fell fowl to this design oversight very early on. Thankfully he noticed the poor flight performance and hot tail motor quickly, so no damage done.

I have to forgive Horizon Hobby, however as their customer service is usually very good and I guess this is just down to their high product output.

'Must try harder' will appear on their report card for this laugh