Miss Demeanor

Advert

Ouch! Yes, My figures are correct. I haven't got her now but I just weighed Okie Swinger  which is the same size and gear. and that is 2 lbs 12 ounces.

The only hard grade of balsa is in the spars. everything else is medium to soft. GWS rx, Standard battery.  Mini (not Micro Servos) Strange how one can add so much weight.  My metal tank was pretty light.

By the way, your Feugray prints will be in the post tomorrow.

Talking of weight, my new model is a bit heavy. 500 sq in. and it will weigh 6 lbs. including 5 1/2 ounces of lead in the tail. Wing loading will be 27 oz. per sq. foot. Way over my normal limits.

IT does have three .15s up front though.

I hope so. Should be good scales for dieting Try weighing a new packet of something in the kitchen.

I have a couple of sets of electronic scales, one for my post. They weigh down to 1 gram (Only about £20.)

It is amazing the range of weights of wood. 1/4" sq, can vary from 6 to 12 grams.  I use thew scales to match spars and sheet.

I was just going by texture to try and match the wood. I used spruce for the wing spars by they weighed next to nothing anyway. I'll have a look for a decent set of scales today.

I took a 4.8v rx pack apart last night to make it into a square format that will fit between the 1/4" ply uprights for the U/C. This should get the balance sorted out without adding extra weight. Getting a bit congested in the radio bay now!

Got the plans yesterday, cheers.

They don't give running in settings as such.

The needle on the new ones seems to be about 4 turns open.I have just had one that gave trouble with insufficient taper on the needle but that is rare.

Running in is simple, sort sharp runs at high speed, That is almost flat out but just a touch on the rich side. about a minute or a litle less, then slow and rich and then back up. Standard running in for an ABC engine.

I find that a tank full or so is enough to get it ready for flying.

If you have an ALDI store near you, on Thursday they will have electronic scale, weigh up to 5 KG in 1 gram steps (Plus Imperial) for £7.