Miss Demeanor

Advert

I've just put standard servos in, as you can see from the Photo I managed to get the single servo in the wing working fine. (Thanks to Peter's Drawing for the linkage).  Spektrum AR7000 receiver + BEC off the 40A ESC.

This is also my first attempt at Electric, so I've based my purchase's on the model weight.  Put a Cyclon 22 (http://www.cyclonbrushless.com/) on the front with 3s/2200 Lipo.

Will need to cut a hole in F2 for the Lipo and push right back to F3 to balance the CofG. 

James

Oh Dear! It is so much easier making the cowling the way that I describe. You build it round the engine and know that it is accurate.

Put the bolts through the mount from the back, solder wire across the heads or a metal strip under the heads. Fit the nuts down beside the engine with a nut runner or tube spanner. Use stiff nuts preferably.

Available from

http://www.modelfixings.co.uk/

Hi Peter,

Thats what I thought of doing. In the good old days of CL flying where the cowling was built up around the engine, the bolts were soldered and epoxied in place. I was just going to make a hatch in the cowl but it would look a bit daft off-center.

Finally managed to get an Irvine ally-backed spinner, should arrive tomorrow and a new prop as I was a bit heavy handed with the reamer on the original!

Had to have a rethink with the radio installation as I've now got a 2.4G set and the rx bits are a bit bigger!

That is the joy of modelling, change one thing and you finish up having to work out all the other problems that arise. Makes life more interesting.

By the way. Model Fixings (See link about.) sell engine mounting self tappers with a socket head, much better than the Phillips heads. They also sell the hex keys to do them up. Of course they sell the socket head servo mount screws and hex keys.

I never use anything else these days. 

AH! I was using one of my old Goldberg spinners which come with bushes. I would suugest a very shiort section of snake. Alternativley you could wrap tape round the shaft to build it up.

Of course the cowl  was easy. I told you, I am dead lazy and over the years I have developed many ways to make life easy.

If you read my column in another mag this month I describe a lot of the ways that I can build models so quickly. I would mention the name of the mag but David might make me wash my mouth out. The initials could stand for  Aero Modelling Ideas.

Ah but I'm using the "sedate" SC.15, not the original donk!

But Pampers are on order, just in case!!! (And a black bag)

When are you going to issue another delightful model plan like this?

Having a bit of trouble getting the travels down to the figures you stated in the mag article. At such low throws I'm losing the resolution on the servos.