Build of a Nigel Hawes Fizza

brfc7

Advert

Profiled wings and planed ailerons and elevator to allow movement last night yes

Waiting on the canopy arriving really now then can use that to get the correct shape of front cowl.

Also servos , motor and esc arrived so I will start installing them. I've went for the same motor as I use in my Pushycat a Turnigy 2836 1100kv spinning a Apc E 8x6 on 3s 2200mAh. This setup gives 180w @ 18 Amps and 8 minute flight times.

baz

Tailplane near enough finished except a little finish sanding

Battery hatch which I made a little shorter than plan as I don't need access behind F1 as their isn't any servos in their. Ply plate holding the front and magnets holding the rear.

Motor mount glued on and since i've now received the canopy i made a start at shaping the whole fuz

baz

Been busy again today smiley Cut the hole in rear of fuz for elevator servo and glued in a couple of pieces of ply on the inside to screw in to. Also cut two holes right through the wing for the aileron servos. I've used some thin card on the top of wing to cover hole so won't see it once covered. I'll glue the servos in once covered.

Next pic shows servos installed and wires are well accessible for plugging in to rx. This was after I'd glued the wing and tail on yes

And finished off with some covering. Only the wings top and bottom to do and the 3 control surfaces

Baz

Posted by Redex on 07/12/2015 16:32:51:

Hi brfc7,

I think one of the options for the Fizza was to build on an undercarriage and some small wheels - are you adding wheels or keeping as is.

Many Thanks

Wow someone out their is read this yes

No undercarriage been fitted Redex, Don't see the point on such a small plane when flying off a grass runway. I would possibly consider it if I had the use of a tarmac one, just for touch and goes.

baz

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well my fizza has had four x 7 minute flights now and I love it smiley After landing the lipos were still between 30-40% charged so could push to 8+ minute flights.

This is definitely going to be staying in the boot of my car ready for the odd opportunity of a flight yes Only thing to do is get a spinner to fit as I can't find one as yet.

baz

Edited By brfc7 on 22/01/2016 10:12:36

Edited By brfc7 on 22/01/2016 10:14:04

Was an easy build Jack. The main changes were putting 1 servo in each wing for ailerons and a servo on port side for elevator. I didn't bother with a moving rudder and you'll also see from above picture that I made the rudder smaller so that I could then have a single piece elevator rather than a jointed one either side of rudder.

baz