Electric Set Up for Ballerina

OK - I've been reading through this thread - God its depressing! I doubt I have ever read so much information which is frankly outside of the topic or at best of extremely marginal practical relevance! When KC asked for someone to set this up and offer some practical guildance - I never imagined how it could possibly lead to the parallel axes theorem, wing loading and the take off characteristics of the C130! (and that's not intended as a compliment sad)

So what does this come down to for a beginner builder? Just this:

1. You don't need any of this stuff about wing-loading and static thrust etc etc. All technically very interesting but frankly of little practical significance in electrifying a model in my opinion.

2. You should look to those posts that make definite recommendations of motors/ESC's and the ones that discuss the characteristics of different possible set ups.

3. Wait for the builds to start - it will be very interesting to see how many who have held forth actually build an electic powered Ballerina! Follow the actual builds carefully and ask questions as you and they go along. Converting an IC model to electric power really, honestly, ISN'T rocket science - its actually very straight forward - as you will see when we come to do it. The biggest issue is usually just how are you going to get the battery in and out!

Now - as I think this has had a massive airing, and most of all to avoid any temptation someone might have to introduce the coriolis force and its interaction with gyroscopic precession in electric powered models(! Joke - Honest) I'm going to lock this one off - at least for now. General Bllerina discussion can of course continue on the "Preparing for the Mass Build" thread here.

BEB