Max Thrust Riot XL

Geoff S

Advert

Sorry Daniel, but so far I've not had a chance. I did put the wattmeter on it - with the supplied 14*7 I got 460w after the initial 500w startup burst. With an AUW of 5lb 8oz I don't expect anything spectacular from it. 460W is 34A, and it's got a 50A esc fitted so there is room to boost it with a bigger prop if you feel the need. I don't think I have a 15" electric prop to try unfortunately, a 15*7 or 15*8 might be worth a try.

Part of the problem at the moment is accessing the field, getting stuck in the mud means a hike up to the farm to beg for a tow from the tractor.  Also we are not allowed to fly on our own - it's a Council planning permission condition.  Personally I'd be happy to get out flying anything but I also have to be careful with the cold and damp for health reasons and have mobility problems making it difficult carrying anything any sort of distance so hiking with the model from the road is not on the cards.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 04/01/2016 18:12:36

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Had a few , tail wheel weak I would replace as there are excellent alternatives for £5.00 on E bay, spindle for prop soft ally and not that resilient. U/c good but the box in the air frame that the bolts go into fragile and after a few landings it's a must to tighten( a wooden plate helps a lot ) Motor mounting plate made of thin Ply and I would rec take it out and replace with 3/8 ply .tail of the fuselage vulnerable to break , Sugest carbon rod up its rear as a preventative measure + consider 15 x 8 prop . Not a cheap plane now but does what it says on the tin as a larger trainer. Major problems getting access to replacement fuselage.On line supplier doesn't appear to keep stock .