ardupilot setup is a nightmare

rcaddict

Advert

Oh boy, OG, you've got some head-scratching coming.....smile

If I could tell you it's easy, I would, but I'd be lying. I'm in the throes of committing a Quanum Nova quad to flight and I've had an awful lot to learn.

There's copious amounts of info on the Ardupilot site which is split between the various applications (mine is Arducopter). There's also many tutorials on Youtube and sites such as DIYDrones etc.

In a nutshell, to toggle between the various modes you need to set switches on your Tx which adjust the PWM on Ch 5 (normally the Gear channel on Spektrum). This page describes the basic Tx set up procedure.

I don't know what system you are using but on my Spekky DX9 I was able to set up a number of Flight Modes across two switches which gave me 5 different modes. Each mode has to be within the mode value limit for each function in the menu and it was fairly straightforward to adjust the values on the DX9.

I suspect I'm not much further up the learning curve than yourself, so don't rely on me to put you rightteeth 2

Let's hope there's another forumite who is a bit more software-savvy than us.....

Pete

I've mixed Gear with Flaps to give three position flaps, so that would be one option to be able to get 3 modes on the ardupilot. But this might not work for you if you've got the ailerons on separate channels on your bixler (or have flaps) as you've only then got one spare channel, which can only be two position, limiting you to 2 flight modes on the ardupilot.

thanks Frank, I kind of understand the use of the gear & flaps switch set up in mix 1 & mix 2, although all I really want is return to home & off !

I think I should be using the gear channel on R615 to ch8 on the ardupilot - but cant seem to get it to work - yet !