Missing sonething.....

Hi guys, this is my first thraed, and probably a real numpty question, but having just purchased a Futaba 6ex-2.4........I am having a problem with the  "Llink Procedure", it states in the manual that  "Press down the  ID set switch"............Guess what i can't find....the "ID set switch".....could anyone point me in the direction please........thanks for any help regarding this.

Also, would just point out that this is such a fantastic hobby, my first array into R/C planes......just can't wait until I go solo.......

Advert

Well, the instructions for the link procedure are there, its just that they don't mention the location of the ID switch.  They also state that "For a T/R set, the link is already done at the factory."  I assume that by "T/R set "they mean a Tx and a Rx bought in the same box - well they were not linked in factory on mine.   The manual could certainly be a bit clearer on these things.

Gary, I really don't think you need worry.  As I said, mine was not linked at the factory, but once linked there is no problem.  I would try doing this before carting the thing back to the shop.

Eric, I am dashed if I can find any written reference to the location of the ID switch in the manual.  That doesn't mean it isn't there, of course    True, on page 8 there is a photo of the receiver and on CLOSE examination you an see the ID SET printed on the body of the Rx between the antennas but you sort of have to know its there to find it.   In my manual (02/2007 edition)  the Link Procedure is explained on page 9.  In itself the text is very clear and the procedure well explained but the fact that the ID button is on the Rx, although obvious on reflection, is not self evident to a number first time users - it wasn't to me.  Still, so many things are not self evident to me

Wow!!!what a response, thanks to all that have contributed...I have linked them togeather now, they all seem to be doing what they should, ie, every servo to every contol throw !!!! I had a bit of "flutter" on the throttle servo, but ironed it out with the trim and the EPA setting.

Thanks again chaps, much appreciated... I know where to come for more advice....I'm sure there will be more questions along the way.