Mk4 Kite Flair Kit

Hi bretheren, Has anyone built the Flair version of the Mk4 Kite?. This is a kit not an ARTF and I was wondering if anyone found this a quality kit and how it turned out as a trainer? I know it was extensively used by flying schools for a while but since then there may be better choices.
Comments please
Norman

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

The Flair models I built several years ago "Scout" series were all of excellent quality. Some guys in the Newbies section are building the Flair Cub and apart from Antony having some very badly warped bulkheads reports seem good. Alas I do not know the Kite other than several of the schools use them which must stand for something. I have built a Chris Foss Wot 4 to get back in the swing and I must say it is a lovely flyer, even in strong winds when others are grounded. I too also suffered from warped bulkheads, maybe its a sign of the light-ply times.

Thanks Danny, Had thought about the Wot 4 but considered it may be a bit fast as a trainer. Did build theBonnie sports (RCM Pelikan kit) and all the better flyers were impressed when they flew it,BUT it was a bit too sporty and needed a long landing approach to hit the zone. Bent it a bit myself but in the end lost it through interference near a mobile phone mast. A pity really because I might have persisted with it and won.