What to build?

Since it is nearing the beggining of the school holidays, I have began thinking about what to do, and have consequenshally decieded to try and build from a plan. What I am looking for is an electric, easy to build, suitable as a second aircraft aircraft that is still flyable in wind! Preferably with removable wing, able to fly on a 3s 2600MAh lipo (they are used in my trainer) which can work on inexpensive servos ect., but all of these are not completely essentual. I have very little experience with building with balsa, but I'me sure someone at my club will advise me, and I plan to get some help from my grandpa (who lives in barkshire. so it will be a short holiday to visit him!) who has experience of building and flying freeflight. The one thing I was considering was the Nigel Hawes whizza, but I'me not sure! All help is much appreciated, because as I'me sure Mr. Whittaker will agree, I dont what to be on a diet of ARTFs for my whole life! Birdy

Advert

Hi Eric, I like the wot 4 idea, and having looked at timbos thread about it for a while have decieded that it needs a bit more battery then I would have liked; he used 2 4s lithium ions in parrelell, and Mr. Foss' web site recomends 4 cell 3200MAh lipos, and that is abit more battery then I would have liked. Also I can't say I built it from scratch/ a plan! Thanks anyway though!

Hi guys (and gals)! I dont mean to be pushy, but if anyone has any possible new ideas can they post them pronto, because I would idealy like to order the plans this evening, because they take up to 12 days to come, and I am going on a five day boarding music corse avec ma cello on Thursday next week, and idealy I would have ordered the apropriot wood ect, by that time, so I can start when I get back! That may have been the longest scentence I have ever written. Try that in one breath! I hope you all understand my haste (less speed, more haste) and I appologise for it. Also if no-one has any new ideas, can they variafy weather the Nigel Hawes whizza plan is suitable. Many thanks to all who have and will help, Birdy!

The deed is done! I will start a build blog eventually, but all I can do for now is hope it comes before my music course. Also is it just me, but in my oppinion £2.50 is very expensive for a sheet of paper to be posted!

To be honest I'me suprised you can't buy it as pdf! On My hobby store it says it should go from follow on trainer to b liscents standed, and it looks easy lo build - fairly simple shape ect. I think I might be right in thinking that Nigel tries to design things that are easy to build to. The music course? Its not really a learning music course, its more of thats get to gether and have some fun playing non-baby music type thing. More of an enjoyable experience I would say! Also its nice to see someone posted, because I began to think I was talking to my self!

Perhaps if I ever can afford "40 size" lipos. And I'll probably take you up on the plan offer in the future. Guess what! As I was writing this post, dad tells me my plan has arrived! Pretty good going for 48 hour dispatch, and 5-10 working days delivery! Thats 2 days! I'll have a look!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure I posted a reply to the last post earlier. Looking at it, plans seem awful complicated when you are considering building them. Any wood is now ordered and I'll start a new thread for the build / advise / general chatting about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey There all,

Im in the same position as Birdy, wondering what to build for the summer hols! Andy what kinda plans do u have, any easily built small scale models perhaps (just a little specific!). Does any one else have any  plans one could have? Also, can anyone suggest a good SCALE second model I could build? 

Ben