Dx9 headache

trebor

I have been trying to install a Rx operated switch on a 9 channel Rx on the aux4 position but the dx9 will not allow me to assign a switch to it. After selecting a switch and selecting channel inhibit it takes you to input configuration but my aux4 position reads n/a and I cannot select it on the scroll wheel sad help needed or I'm doomed crying

Advert

When you select Channel assign, the next page is headed 'Rx Port Assignments'. Check that channel 9 should be shown as AUX4:Aux 4. As John says, it may be inhibited in some way. I cannot think of any other reason why you cannot toggle to set an option on the Channel Input Config page....

Pete

If I select just acro it's the same as the first screen, with the aircraft wing type set for single servo ( y lead ) on aileron, twin servo for flaps. Tail settings twin servos on elevator, single servo on rudder my channel assigns to :-

1 throttle, 2 aileron, 3 r / elevator, 4 rudder, 5 gear, 6 r / flap, 7 l / flap, 8 aux3, 9  l / elevator. The only channels left to assign switches to are the 5 gear and 8 aux 3 crying strange as I've got flaps going to gear and elevator going to aux3.

I should have just bound the thing and followed the channel layout to plug the servos in instead of plugging them in before I started. Thing is now I've got all my rates set just right and I don't fancy doing it all over again.

Edited By trebor on 29/04/2016 11:09:24

I think you've answered your own question - when you set dual elevator the 2nd ele channel defaults to AUX 4 - have a look at the monitor screen and see which channels moves with the elevator stick.

Not sure how you've set the ele 2nd channel to output on AUX3?

Pete

Well I changed all the servos as per wing and tail layout channels, lesson learnt. Changed over the Rx port assignments and saved my rate settings. Trouble is now I've lost my flap switch and I'm having trouble assigning them on switch E. I still can't get my Rx controled switch to work which is plugged in on aux 3.

I think I'm sticking to 6 channels in future, it's good to learn things but this is fustrating crying 2

I understand - I really struggle with programming, TBH. Whilst I'm giving it some thought, I'd suggest copying your existing setup to another memory using the Model Utilities page. You can then play with the channels as much as you like and you've preserved what you have at present.

Pete

I will probably leave it for a few months now at least I was able to try out the servo speed adjustments for the first time. I thought the speed adjustments were for digital servos but it works on normal ones too. Just had a thought it won't burn them out will it ?

Posted by trebor on 29/04/2016 12:58:46:

Trouble is now I've lost my flap switch and I'm having trouble assigning them on switch E. I still can't get my Rx controled switch to work which is plugged in on aux 3.

In your post @ 11.07 you say that you have 'elevator going to Aux 3' so it sounds like you now have the elevator on channels 3, 8 & 9. You can't have a switch on channel 8/aux3 whilst it's operating with the elevator stick, as Pete says check on the monitor screen what the elevator stick is operating.

The elevator positions have now changed as per channel display. I moved the Rx switch to gear position as its free now and I have power coming through but the wing LEDs have stopped working sad solved one problem, found another. Still no flap switch, I can't remember how I did it the last time. I meant to leave it alone but it's bugging me and I hate being defeated.

Trebor,

The reason that you can only assign channels 5 (4 a typo?) and 8 is that the rest of the channels have been assigned by the serve setup you have selected. To assign a switch to flaps you will have to go to the option Flap System in the Function List. This function is inhibited to start with and you need to select a switch. The movement of the flaps can then be set corresponding to a 2 or 3 position switch. To use the full movement of the servo, flaps not deployed (position 0) would have to be set to +100% or -100% depending on the moment of the servo. Hope this can help.

Per

Edited By Norrland on 29/04/2016 15:49:27

Edited By Norrland on 29/04/2016 15:52:45

Agree with Pete. Once you get used to the pre-defined settings through specifying the wing, rudder and elevator servo configuration it simplifies setting up a new model quite a bit. The manual of the DX9 is rather brief and requires a bit of trail and error. The Flap System option is, however, explained on p33.

Per