What am I doing wrong??????

Hi All,

I am totally confused. I cannot see where I've gone wrong.

I have a short stirling with four motors.

I had to remove all esc's and had all the esc's programmed by George at 4 max (one of them was set to a slow setting).

Yesterday I tested them before fitting them inside the wing they all worked fine just had to reverse two motors as they were running backwards and they all worked correctly.

Today I installed them then tried them but nothing except a melody noise (difficult to describe really) from each of the esc's each of the props twitch when the noise is emitted.

I have checked all of the connections, all good and correct way round.

Settings on the tx have not been changed and the correct model selected.

Throttle set to low with the trim set to low as well and tx switched on before arming model

The esc's and motors are matched and were sold as a set.

Have I done something wrong or am I missing the totally obvious, I am not that experienced in electric flight more of an ic chap but willing to learn. What I find annoying that all was well yesterday.

I've looked at the instructions and have followed the installation procedure.

esc's 4 max

motors 4 max

battery 4 max 3

Regards

Robert

Edited By Robert Parker on 30/04/2016 12:56:50

Advert

Are you using the same receiver?

Did you test them individually or all 4 together? Are you doing the same now?

Do you have all 4 on the same channel?

Sometimes using extension leads on just one channel does not work and you need to mix 2 channels and have 2 motors on each channel.

If the escs have been set up they shouldn't need altering...... hopefully.

Hope you soon get it sorted...... All the best..... Chris.

Robert

The fact (all?) the ESCs make a noise means they are seeing power.

Is this the first time you have tried all four at once?

Can you test each motor/ESC individually in the wing to confirm that the problem only arises when all are trying to run at the same time?

If it makes the same noise when the ESCs are connected one at a time then the problem is with the radio.

Have you disconnected the red wire from three of the ESCs?

Hi All,

In theory nothing has changed since yesterday when I ran all four motors together

Same radio, same settings and end points set.

All I have done is disconnected the motor wires and reconnected them in the same order.

I had them all running prior to that point.

I have tried each motor in turn on it's own and they all worked perfectly. Yet when I connect all four motors I am back to the noises.

I have a UBEC installed and all of the red wires are disconnected as per instructions

I have tested the wiring in the wing by connecting a servo to each of the leads in the wing and found that 3 of them worked and the servo did not respond to any stick input on the other, so it was a wiring fault between motors 1 & 2. I fitted a brand new extension lead this morning as I has previously buried the esc wire in the wing so to allow easy removal I added a new lead straight out of the packet and this was faulty, can't take it back had it ages plus not sure where I got it.

smiley Changed the extension lead and all working now. I can now start to repair the wing where I had to open it up to get at the wiring

Thanks for all of your help. I could not think properly this morning and who would have suspected a brand new Cirrus extension lead. But it was the only thing that had changed.

Now for the strange part I plugged in the lead into the rx and connected a servo to it and it worked perfectly ???

Regards

Robert

Posted by Robert Parker on 30/04/2016 15:31:19:

Now for the strange part I plugged in the lead into the rx and connected a servo to it and it worked perfectly ???

Regards

Robert

Could be that it wasnt pushed fully home when it was in the wing, could be a poor quality crimp joint on one of the pins, could be that one of the pins has pushed backwards leaving a bad connection

Hi Robert

Had the same thing a month ago fitted a brand new Y lead same brand as yours,when testing it one servo was all a jitter eventually found the signal pin had pushed back ,only touch contact. Any vibration and making & breaking, took two days to sort out . Binned the lead.