Galaxy Models chippie

Peter Etherington 1

I had one,from Galaxy in 1994.

I was a novice builder back then, It was a disaster.

The tail feathers was made in upper and lower sections.

When you build the sections dry fit them first, before its to late to adjust them.

otherwise the elvator may end up a different thickness to the tail plane

The Plane flew great. and aI flew a club members one afew years ago it was good as well.

Bert

Edited By bert baker on 14/05/2016 19:44:58

• 1 month later...

Hi Peter,

I have built two of them over the years my first was back in 1991,chipmunk (1280x859).jpgI fitted it with an ASP 61 and had to add a lot of lead in the nose. This was my second model I ever built. I never flew it as my building skills were improving faster than my flying skills at the time or was I just being impatient.

However, last year I built my second and Galaxy models have improved the kit from what I remember, firstly the tail feathers are now veneered foam cores and take no time to put together and I found than the top decks fitted better than I recalled. I have fitted my latest one with an OS 70FS (they used one of these in the prototype) and it needed only a few grams of lead to the nose. It has not been maidened yet but I have run the engine in.

The build is quite straight forward and the instructions are easy to follow. I built this one when I got a bit bogged down on one of my other builds.

dsc05579 (640x427).jpg

dsc05580 (640x427).jpg

I went for a slightly different colour scheme.

Hope I have helped

Regards

Robert