Help! Lost My KFm7 Delta at Little Haldon !!!

Chuck Plains

Posted by Peter Christy on 27/06/2016 14:46:11:

The air-gods were smiling on me that day! blush

--

Pete

Air Gods! I shall worship them from this day until perpetuity!!

• Aeolus, god and Ruler of the Winds.
  • Anemoi, (in Greek, Ἄνεμοι — "winds" were Greek wind gods. Boreas, god of the north wind and of winter. ...
  • Aura, divine personification of the Breeze.
  • Aurai, nymphs of the breezes. ...
  • Poseidon, god of the Ocean and brother of Zeus. ...
  • Zeus, King of the gods and Lord of the Sky.

To name but a few.

Posted by Chuck Plains on 03/07/2016 20:01:25:
Posted by Peter Miller on 26/06/2016 21:12:34:

Great to heart that you found it.

One of our club members has a Loc8tor. says it is great.

I've just ordered three little bleepers on Ebay myself.

I have tried bleepers. You can't hear the ina wheat field is a breeze is blowing. The locator hasa a hand held unit that will guid you to the model froma few hundred yards away.

Best laugh! I said that I reckon I would be able to find my model as I don't crash too far away and £60 was more that I would want to spend (I know, tight wad)

The member said "Oh well, your models are more labour intensive. Mine cost quite a lot" (Foamie\ at About £150!!)

I pointed out that the average four stroke in mine cost as much as his whole model before radio etc!!

Exit one embarrased member.

LoL! I forgot to add the video link. It's not all that interesting, just me complaining about not finding it before!

I was wrong! I actually stepped out of the gorse about 30 feet uphill of that spot the day before. You can sort of see the reduced area of hedge after I walk past the model and look back.

Edited By Chuck Plains on 04/07/2016 23:45:32

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Mark Kettle 1 on 05/07/2016 08:31:17:

Chuck, seeing in the hedge it looks a really interesting project. If you find the time could you share the details of it on this pages, I would love to find out more.

Yes, one of these days I will Mark. But I can direct you to DutchRCAdventures on Youtube, as I used his basic KF2 airfoil design and just increased the number of steps by adding one on top and one underneath.

I did make a short video of me breaking the delta down when I 'eventually' got it back to the car, but can't locate the vid right now.

It's really easy to fly, even with approx 300grams of thrust. But, like any aircraft, it has it's limits as far as slow flight is concerned and that's probably where I made my mistake before I lost it. Plus, I hadn't realized how far it actually was from me. It's quite big when you see the 'plan' view. That's what I had in my head when it went down, but it was actually above the tree line that borders the road down the hill from the car park. So my slow turn and some possible turbulence from the trees messed me up.