Any German Translators here?

Martyn K

I need some help translating a German Glider Rule book into English. I don't need a word by word translation but can someone help. Its the technical requirements that we need a better (and accurate) understanding of. I have the doc as a PDF - its only 6 pages long

Thanks

Martyn

Advert

Yes - bang on. Are you following the BARCS 2m-RES thread?

Tried that Andy.. The translation was dreadful with far too much ambiguity - especially on the component rules. (section 2)

e.g.

a) In the wings are only allowed for the spars, wing leading edge connectors and GRP / CFRP / Kevlar pipes or
GRP / CRP / Kevlar profiles are used (otherwise wood).
b) The tail boom for the tail unit may consist of a GRP / CRP / Kevlar tube or profile exist. The pipe / profile
may (seen from behind) a maximum of up to half the surface depth the wing enough.
c) The wooden hull may to increase the strength on the surface with GRP / CRP / Kevlar be coated.
d) All Ruderanlenkungsteile are exempted from CFK / GFK constraint.

no worries 'Ace Pilot' (Does the other side say 'Don't Panic we need an'   ) ?

Good suggestion. German is such a nightmare to translate.

What we need is someone to help me untangle the translation. In reality its less that a page of A4

Thanks

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 07/07/2016 15:17:46

Edited By Martyn K on 07/07/2016 15:18:23

I have a translation courtesy of a forum item who PM'd me. It reads broadly as follows:

The Model. The model consists of wings. fuselage and Tail surfaces. Flying wings that are not controlled by surfaces on the fuselage or tail surfaces arec allowed but only two surfaces are permitted each controlled by one Servo only. Otherwise their construction follows convential models.

The model construction should be mainly of Wood. That means, the Wing sshould be of Wood except for Spars, Wing Joiners and Leading Edges which can be of GFK/CFK/ Kevlar Tube or similar LE Profile

Tail and wing supports can be of GFK/CFK/Kevlar Tube or fabricated construction, viewed from behind the tube must not exceed 50% of the wing depth (??)

The wooden fuselage may be strengthened wit a Skin of GFK/ etc. All control surfaces are not included in These restaints(??)

2.2 Not allowed are the use of Full plastic, GFK/CFK/Kevlar fuselages(EG Expert, EPP, etc)

A GFK/CFK/Kevlar skinned wing or tail surfaces, or D BOx construction.

A Wing or tail with foam core sheathed with GFK etc.

Fixed or retractible controls to brake the model on landing, eg projecting bolts or saw tooth skids

The modelö bottom must be smooth except for two Tow Hooks( size 5mm wide and 15mm high, seen from the nose)

Tow Hooks can be adjustable but not by RC or or the tow line release.

Ballst is only allowed inside the model and then it must be firmly attached.

No Telemetry from model to Pilot other than that of Signal Strength, Receiver Temp (?) and Rx Battery voltage. (No Variometer)

No communication between Helper and Pilot by Phone or Radio,

I agree with BEB. This is an amazing resource pool. Many thanks for the offers of assistance.

Martyn