wot 4 foam e

Advert

Hi,

first of all, are you sure? I know that probably sounds like an incredibly stupid question, but these types of models tend to have a lot of downthrust built in as supplied, but unless you inspect it closely, it's not that noticeable. Obviously after the repair, you tend to notice it much more. I have this issue with my PZ T-28. I was convinced it was wonky after a hard 'arrival' but on inspection, there was loads of downthrust there all along.

Assuming that's NOT the case, and that you have added downthrust, it depends what you mean by 'a lot'. More than a degree or so compared to before and yes, it'll certainly be noticeable - and probably very uncomfortable. A model sticking it's nose down when opening up to go around again on approach would certainly test your nerve.

If you have concerns, it's definitely worth spending a couple of evenings to see if you can put it right...

TWS

I know there was side thrust built into the mount but never noticed any downthrust. if I knew exactly how much down there should be I could do a bit of re-modeling at the front end !!!!

or maybe I should just re-model  at neutral

Edited By oldgit on 08/07/2016 13:29:09

The embedded part of the mount should be vertical within the fus when it is held up level (i.e. when the rear fus. behind the wing is horizontal)

The motor carrier that screws to the plate has a few degrees of down bent in a part of the folding process - no more than about 5 degrees, I think. If your internal plate is not vertical, then I suspect your fus has got bananaitis and needs to be 'eased' back in line... HTH

Denis's idea is very good but sometimes it's not practical to submerge a component. If this is the case, a wet tea towel covering the wrinkled bit and running your modelling iron over it can have the same effect.I also had a down thrust issue and corrected it by gluing a ply shim between the rear of the motor mount and the foam.

Andrew

hi guys =

ok so I have 10 deg downthrust and I had a test flight this morning , I had to put in abou 5mm up elevator to keep it level a cruising speed - so I presume I have to pack out the downthrust to get about 5 deg - does this sound about right

• 2 months later...