Industrial Adhesive

Erfolg

I have some Mitre System, Cyanocrylate Adehsive and activator left over from fitting the UPVC fascia boards to my extension.

I have started to use the remants (quite a lot) on non critical components (I hope) on my models.

The question is, is this cynoacrylate, any different to the stuff I normally buy, Grip and Zap. It is bottled by a company called "Bondit".

The activator is a little different to the ones I have previously bought. In that it tells you to spray the surface to be bonded first, let it dry then apply the cyno to the piece to be attached, then fix into place. Rather than spray the assembled joint. Is it the same stuff? The can is 200ml against the tiny ones I have used in the past.  

Erfolg

Advert

Its all down to the dreaded Marketing Guru's of our consumer age i'm affraid, Apart from the slight differance's of say thin, medium and thick cayno, that's only really relevant to us "modler's" as Eric rightly says cayno is cayno. And i have used similar products myself and to be honest i think more of use should be aware of this as it can save a lot of money look and see for yourselves if you don't belive me i guarentee though what you won't belive after you have is how much you can really SAVE. 

Screwfix do 20g for £2.49. and £3.90 for 200ml  activator

I paid £14 for my industrial combination but that is for 50g cyno and  250 ml of spray kicker, so I do not know the individual cost.

The one point I must mention  is that Zap stayed workable for 12 months in the fridge, where as Grip about 3-4 weeks and I had constant trouble with the nozzle blocking.

Erfolg