Skies Over Britain New series on BBC2 now

ChrisB

Advert

Did anyone watch last nights' episode?

The young chap with the multi rotor actually, genuinely, thought he could fly his machine inside the Natural History museum! His misunderstanding of the rules and regs was indicative of many, sadly.

On a good note some of the rules and regs were mentioned, so it's a start to get the message "out there".

I thought the multi rotor examiner's face said it all when he first meet the lad and the lad told him what he was going to do in London. Mind you I give the lad 100% for stay the course and as you say the message is getting out there ~ very slowly mind you.

Posted by John F on 25/08/2016 12:33:27:

On a good note some of the rules and regs were mentioned, so it's a start to get the message "out there".

Yes, but it sort of implied that you needed to get a license to fly one, it wasn't clear that the license is required if you are doing paid for work and that if you aren't doing commercial work and follow the regs then you don't need a license. The guy seemed to think that if he got a license then he'd be able to fly it just about anywhere (i.e. central London).

But overall and enjoyable program, would have like to have seen more on the disabled adapted aircraft as I think that is brilliant.

Good programme over all. The chap with the MR is typical of many and showed himself to be a complete fool....attempting to fly inside the natural history museum, let alone his living room with his child nearby.

But the feature on the rules with the instructor and examiner was excellent.

A good series, although not received good reviews from the media.....all in the gutter anyway. For those of us interested in flying its a very good series, albeit made for the masses.

Posted by John F on 25/08/2016 12:46:43:

Yes, an update on him at the end or in another programme would be fantastic. His grin as they took off was fantastic.

I actually watch his YouTube videos and have been for years and in the same video that he said he wanted to fly it indoors he actually did say that he wasn't going to actually do that as it seemed dangerous and he was joking. Obviously cut from the program last night. He is still flying the Drone for his videos but he does make a point of always following the rules.

Edited By Ben Kelly on 25/08/2016 16:21:30