70 4 stroke

AndyD

Advert

Nice Video. The Engine sounds quite good but I'm afraid it doesn't match by a very long way the sound of a Laser 360v. twin. The 360v sounds to me like the real thing. The guys at my club were "literally blown away" by the "song" of the 360v in an 80in Warbird. Im afraid I want one but no way can I yet justify it .... maybe Another year

quite agree i would love the 360 just a different sound altogether and smooth with it.

just fired my tp 70 up for the first time,only a short run because of the neighbours,they just dont appreciate it,quite pleased with how quiet it is with the muffler,even with no air flow through the fuz while stationary it got warm inside but seems ok,hopefully a re maiden with the new engine tomorrow.

well shes flys great on the 70 plenty of power and quiet with it,low and slow at just above tick over she looks and sound lovely.im a bit concerned though as ive got oil seeping out of one of the cylinder base bolts,nothing major yet,they all nipped up abit when i got home but not had chance to retest it.

• 5 months later...

That oil would not be a great concern on a 4 stroke Andy, as much as it running well and therefore having good compression, as they don't rely on crankcase pressure.

Do take the bolt out, clean the threads and hole as dry as possible and return the bolt without over tightening.

As the motor runs so well, continue to enjoy it