LMA Much Marcle

It's the LMA show at Much Marcle this weekend, 3 & 4 September. There's been no mention of it on this forum, which is unusual. Also, the LMA do not appear to have published a list of traders or pilots, which they have in previous years. Looking at the "usual suspects" on their sites, I've only been able to find one, Nexus, that will have a stand. Anyone know if it's worth going?

Graeme

Advert

I had an e-mail today from them reference an order I made. It said my order would be dealt with next week as they were at much marcle over the weekend

Posted by graeme jones on 02/09/2016 16:48:13:

Phil - SLEC was one I looked at, but it's not shown on their list of shows - **LINK** and I don't remember seeing them there for a few years.

Graeme

Yep the LMA forum lists the traders - copied and pasted below .....

I'll be going Sunday, meeting with Dad and hopefully an uncle and a cousin or two. Much Marcle is one of my favourites. Usually has a great programme and a really relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Not one of the biggest shows, but all the better for that imo

UPDATED 29/08/16

A B Military
Als Hobbies
Balsa Cabin
Cambrian Model Co
DB Sport & Scale Ltd
De Maniss UK Ltd
Esoaring Gadgets UK
Falcon Aviation
Flyteam
Flying Tech ltd
Grabit Adhesives
Inwoods
Kingfisher Aviation
Lena's Books & Toys
LMA
Liquid Weld
Microaces Ltd
Midlands Air Ambulance
Model Technics Ltd
Old English Sweets
Peak Tools
Propguy
Puffin Models Ltd
R C Heliguru
Real Model Pilots
SLEC
Solutions
Southern Modelcraft
SSD Sunglasses
The Drone Worx
Traplet
Turbine Solutions
W E Models
Whites

Essjay and Ian -thanks for the info. I didn't even realise that there was an LMA forum. Strange that Nexus isn't on the list, their's being the only one I could find that shows attendance on their own show calendar.

That's more traders than last year I think, which is good.

Looks like rain on Saturday but dry Sunday, so I should be there 10:00 Sunday.

Graeme

Had a good time at the show despite the less than perfect weather, although I believe it was much worse Saturday and overnight for the campers. Here are a few pics. for those who missed it -

dscf1894.jpg

dscf1899.jpg

dscf1889.jpg

Balsa Cabin and Slec were selling their usual selections of wood and accessories, while there seemed to be great interest in Traplet Plans. Perhaps ARTF's are losing ground to traditional building?

This was my only flying shot that was any good -

dscf1910.jpg

It did a fine solo aerobatic display but was rather noisy at full throttle, in common with many large models.

dscf1911.jpg

This Wellington flew with a Lancaster and a Flying Fortress of similar scale.

dscf1912.jpg

while this Thunderbolt was one of my favourites.

We had a few gripes -

1. Not enough toilets.

2. Why do people insist on dragging their dog(s) around events like this when the animals are so obviously distressed?

3. The £10 pp entry fee is a bit high for what is a relatively small show, but as the profits are being donated to the Air Ambulance Service I suppose it is reasonable.

See you there next year

Graeme

I was disappointed with the swap meet tent nothing but tat when I got there but I guess you need to be there early for that

I think there were sufficient toilets. I did not have to queue for one anyway.

the trade tents were very busy but between them I managed to get everything I went for

Posted by IanN on 05/09/2016 07:30:25:

Ah, would have said hello if I'd realised. I wouldn't worry re the landing. Conditions were a bit breezy and bumpy, we saw plenty worse, and for some of us "a bit messy" counts as quite a good landing providing the model is still in one peice wink

Considering I only had 1/2 my wheels facing in the right direction.....it was a bit of a greaser !

A big THANKYOU to all who organised, ran and generally helped to put on a great weekend for pilot and spectator alike

Edited By cymaz on 05/09/2016 16:57:02

Posted by graeme jones on 05/09/2016 15:23:28:

This was my only flying shot that was any good -

dscf1910.jpg

It did a fine solo aerobatic display but was rather noisy at full throttle, in common with many large models.

dscf1911.jpg

This Wellington flew with a Lancaster and a Flying Fortress of similar scale.

dscf1912.jpg

while this Thunderbolt was one of my favourites.

We had a few gripes -

1. Not enough toilets.

2. Why do people insist on dragging their dog(s) around events like this when the animals are so obviously distressed?

3. The £10 pp entry fee is a bit high for what is a relatively small show, but as the profits are being donated to the Air Ambulance Service I suppose it is reasonable.

See you there next year

Graeme

Dogs in distress? I've never seen that in 25 years, even when pyros are going off. Its very unusual to see dogs in distress at model flying shows!

CB