Spektrum DS821 servos

Phil 9

Advert

Posted by Denis Watkins on 05/09/2016 20:21:05:

No one wants to get involved Phil as none fits the bill

Perhaps say, I have a 10 foot demon with retracts and flaps that needs sports servos that run on 6v

That may help

it is for an acro wot artf

I have some hitec hs 255mg servos I might use them

I also run JR servos rated at 4.8 v on a 2 cell LiFe pack with 6.6 volts. However, with a 5 cell NiMh both my Spectrum (read JR for that servo) and genuine JR servos were unhappy. I'm told a fully charged 4 cell NiMH is a bit over 6 volts while a 5 cell NiMH is over 7 volts. So a LiFe at 6.6v seems OK.

Alternatively, use a Powerbox switch which has a voltage regulator and can provide between 5.5 v and 6.1 v from a 2 cell LiPo. Expensive but does give you the benefit of almost constant voltage supply.

Posted by Peter Jenkins on 06/09/2016 00:08:47:

I also run JR servos rated at 4.8 v on a 2 cell LiFe pack with 6.6 volts. However, with a 5 cell NiMh both my Spectrum (read JR for that servo) and genuine JR servos were unhappy. I'm told a fully charged 4 cell NiMH is a bit over 6 volts while a 5 cell NiMH is over 7 volts. So a LiFe at 6.6v seems OK.

Alternatively, use a Powerbox switch which has a voltage regulator and can provide between 5.5 v and 6.1 v from a 2 cell LiPo. Expensive but does give you the benefit of almost constant voltage supply.

I guess the manufactures worked out the DS821 servos were too good, performance and flexibility at low cost. now things are a little more complicated. I guess that's progress for you?