Receiver antenna routing.

Nev Haycox

Advert

Hi dave, I wanted to use air line because the clips hold it nice and firm. The antennas are placed where they may get disturbed when handling the model so having it placed in tubing will protect against knocking the antennas out of line . My only concern is it my cause interference if I take the tubing all the way to the ends of the antennas.

You are doing your best to have a tidy installation Nev, Most non metallic materials can cover the whole of the antenna, with no affect

What if that "air line " tubing is high carbon content and has reinforced mesh glued with tungsten (fantasy) inside?

I don't like unknown manufacture tubing, as you would mask the signal

If it is rubber, it could be high in carbon, as they use that to make it black

Go for the simple Nev, just use the clips if you have no straws

I use small bits of a snake outer super glued to the fuselage sides with the aerials inserted into them and secured with a dob of silicone. I believe it's very important to keep the aerial portion as straight as possible. Even small bends can have an effect on range. I have also used double sided very sticky plastic tape to stick the aerial and plastic outer to. This has worked very well with the aerials clearly visible during my pre flight checks to ensure they are straight and at 90 deg to each other.