Bj's Modellflyg videos

Bjarne Kvilvang

My nephew crashed his STM DHC-2 Beaver really hard and thought to throw it away when he had ordered a new one, so I said I could take it. Got it like a real 3D puzzle, but with some patience, coffee, glue and manufacturing of lost parts does it fly like a dream again. Nice little model that does not take any space in the car so this will probably get a lot of flying hours in the future.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

We had a wonderful day on the field now on Saturday, July 28th. There was some wind in the beginning so one of the pilots asked if I could test fly his trainer because there was a bit too much wind for him. Started and lifted like a dream, there was a little "kickback" from the four stroke engine and the propeller loosened and tumbled off. Luckily did I had enough time to turn it back to the wind and landed safely without any damage.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Has finally been filmed from Carbon Cub Z now as it is allowed again from August 1 after an idiotic judgment in court on October 21, 2016 here in Sweden that prohibited all filming from model aircraft and multirotors. So the desire for a little aerial photo became big so I went out to fly a bit with a camera mounted on the plane. No spectacular video, just a little fun in strong wind so much that I managed to stand still with Cub against the wind.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Having some fun with STM DHC-2 Beaver with some landings training. You can never practice enough on landings and when I get a new plane in my hangar, I usually runs a few training rounds on landings as there is always a difference from aircraft to aircraft on how they behave.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Posted by fly boy3 on 07/08/2017 23:50:28:

Hi Bj. you are quite right about landings etc with new models, practice is the answer. Some times different with two identical models lol. Great landings and touch and goes too. Nice video. Cheers

Thank you. Practice is a must if you want to know your models and then be able to make some nice and smooth landings. A nice landing is for me the highlight of a good flight and it feels really nice when it all comes together at the end............ wink 2

Cheers Bjarne

Posted by fly boy3 on 08/08/2017 11:58:24:

My old teacher used to say you must try to land "like a butterfly with bad feet" lol I am still trying many years later. Cheers

Try to land "like a butterfly with bad feet" sounds perfect....... wink I have been flying for over 35 years and do still have bad, really bad and picking up with a garbage bag landings.............. smile p

Cheers Bjarne

Just playing with my Tundra'n in the wind and with a mounted camera on top. Here's a short little video from our wonderful airfield that we can use however and whenever we want. The runway is 1175m long and 33m wide and if you don't want to use the asphalt, is there a nice grass field just beside as you can see in this video.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

As some of you know, I won EssentialRC giveaway from July. The prize was sent from England on August 8th and it was announced today on the 15th. This is a short video where I open the package. Looking forward to building and getting this in the air, I think it might be a fun model to fly.

Obviously will there be a build video as well as a small review on how it's flying later on.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 2 weeks later...
Got the chance to try to fly a jet for the very first time this weekend. The model was a MIG-29 with a colibri jet engine, an absolutely fantastic feeling and experience to try. A big thank you to my instructor Kjell Åke Skoog who helped me with buddy boxing so the model came up and down in one piece.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Carf Eurosport Evolution a wonderful model flown by Oddbjørn Grimsmo. Oddbjørn is a really good pilot and flies this model as if it were a vector-controlled jet, but there is no vector control on this. All maneuvers are done with rudder and skill.

Model: Carf Eurosport Evolution
Wingspan: 167 cm
Length: 225 cm
Engine: Atj190SV (19kg Trust)

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Geir Mogstad is flying his Rebel PRO, a pure pleasure watching how he handles this model. perfect 4-point rolls, knife edge and all other maneuvers. Unfortunately did I not get everything on film this time, but hope we can fix that the next time we meet.

Model: Pirotti Models Rebel PRO
Wingspan 2.6M
Fuselage Length 2.9M
Weight 15-16Kg
Turbine: Merlin 200 xbl

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Tore Wærnes is flying a scale model of Grumman DF9-E Panther a very wonderful model to look at, as well as a really good pilot who controls this beauty. Also check the amazing skidd he had during landing.

Model: Grumman DF9-E Panther Scale 1:6
Wingspan 1,8M
Weight 15Kg
Turbine: Simjet 95

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

This is probably the only flying copy of a Saab J21R built by Christer Pekkala Örnsköldsvik and flown here by a very good pilot Kjell-Åke Skoog. It's a pleasure to look at this model every time Kjell-Åke flies with it, unfortunately I can not recreate the feeling I get on video when you look at this model in the air, but I do hope you like the video.

Model: Saab J21R
Built by: Christer Pekkala
Wingspan 2M
Weight 11Kg
Turbine: Kingtech K80

Cheers Bjarne

This is the last of my jet videos in a while, but this is probably the best. Håvard Vinnu Johannessen controls here a ViperJet MK II with razor sharp knife eggs, wonderful rolls, inverted, low and slow. In such cases I wish I had better camera equipment so that I could show this in the best possible set.

Model: ViperJet MK II
Wingspan: 2,5M
Fuselage Length: 2.25M
Weight: 14-16Kg
Turbine: Merlin M200XBL
Lighting: UniLight

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 1 month later...
Just apologize for not uploading any videos lately. Unfortunately have I been bedridden due to my illness but is now on my feet again and had a few flights now for the first time since 27 August.

It was a perfect flight in a wonderful sunset here in Härjedalen, a little windy but no big problem. Very nice to get back to the air again and hope the body and weather stays so I can fly as normal again.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 2 months later...
Then I finally started some flying again after a long fall with some health issues and other things that kept me away from flying.

Beginning the new year buddy boxing with my grandson Sondre who got a little smaller and easier airplane for christmas that he liked. Sondre flies like a dream and I believe that in the summer will he probably go solo, really fun to see new young pilots start flying.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne