Bj's Modellflyg videos

Bjarne Kvilvang

• 1 month later...
A short flight in the wind blew around 3-5m/s slightly to much for this model. But it flew well even if I had to fight a bit in the wind, less wind and this is the perfect relaxation model I have. Will get more videos as soon as the weather permits to fly.

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... wink

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

A very nice flight in the morning sun and a light fog with birdsong as background music. The first flight after reconstructing it from Graupner's bad transmitter with less than 80 meters of range to my Taranis X9D plus with an old GWS speed controller from an E-Starter and a Futaba servo. Felt on the engine directly I landed and it was cold after just over 12 minutes of flight.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

A really fun day on the field with several different models. First the E-Flite Carbon Z T28 then FPV with a Tundra before a very nice and old glow model (Ryggskott), before finishing the day by flying Graupner's Skysurfer while I enjoy a cup of coffee. Very fun when you can switch between several different models like electric, glow, fpv and a paraglider. You do not need the big nice models to have fun.

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... angel

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 2 weeks later...
The last flight this season with seaplane as the smaller ponds already have a layer of ice. So now it's a quieter period with less flying until the snow has arrived, then it's on with the skies and full time flying again. May come a little less snow than last year when we had over 2m (6.6 feet) in our driveway.

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... laugh

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 4 weeks later...
I was fortunate enough to win an opportunity to buy the Avios C-130 model that comes on the market now in 2019, got the model home now in early December and has now made a video of the unboxing as well as a review of the parts and what I personally think of the model so far. No flights in this video since the weather has not allowed it yet, hoping to be able to fly this coming weekend and of course add a video then also with my personal unbiased opinions about how this model is due to that this is not sponsored videos.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 8 months later...

First of all, I would like to apologize for not posting any videos in 7 months, the cause has been illness and deaths in the family. Is a bit more written about this on my Youtube channel.

This is my personal review and not sponsored in any way of the Avio's C-130 Hercules that came on the market in February, but which I was lucky enough to buy already in November. The movie has everything from crash to wonderful flight and some special angles from onboard camera.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 3 months later...
My good friend Kjell-Åke flies here with his Phoenix Gripen with a scale of 1:7 and with a Kingtech K45 turbine. The aircraft weight is 4.7kg so a small but very nice jet model. Unfortunately he got a engine cut off on this flight, but as you can see did Kjell-Åke make a perfect "Deadstick landing" and the model stops about 1m from me after landing.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Leif Jarle Ringen flies his T-Rex 700L Dominator here, and you can't help but admire how he manages this model, it shows that there are a few years of flying behind this skills. Quite impressive to stand next to him and see how he flies and at the same time see how calmly and relaxed he handles the model, it all just seems natural to him.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Einar Veland brought a Windrider Boeing 737-700 to Hedlanda this summer, a really nice model and he had painted it in the colors of the good old Norwegian company Braathen. Was very excited about this model as it flew like it was on rails and looked absolutely amazing in the air. It's fun to see a good pilot like Einar fly a model you don't see every day and fly it scaled.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Ole Martin Vuttudal Moe Flies here his big T-3 Sport Jet from T-One Models, a really big machine where the body is 3 m long with a wingspan of 2.6 m driven by a Kingtec 260 turbine. Every time he takes it up it's like being a spectator on a airshow, he controls this model as if it's on rails. It is a pure pleasure to just sit and enjoy the flight and you see that he knows exactly what he is doing and how good a pilot he is. A fantastic flight ended with a perfect landing.

Specification:
3m long fuselage
2.6m wingspan
7.57L fuel tank
1.8L smoke tank
Kingtec 260 turbine

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 1 month later...

Have a lot of different size glow engines so made an adjustable bench for testing the different 2 stroke and 4 stroke glow engines. Here is a short rundown on the build and test of the bench as well as a test of my old OS FS-91 Surpass 4 stroke that haven't been started in 20+ years.

If you like my videos then you can support me by buying me a cup of coffee, just click on the link in the text below the video on YouTube.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by fly boy3 on 09/02/2020 21:04:04:

Hi Bjarne, that some engine test bed, it's a first class bit of work I must say, well done. It befits the OS surpass as that too is a gem. Are you using a servo tester to operate throttle servo. Cheers

Yes I'm using a cheep servo tester connected to a UBEC and an old 3S LiPo not suited for flying anymore.

A small video from the summer of 2019 filmed at Hedlanda airport. My friend Joakim Lundholm flies with his YAK-54 30%, a pure pleasure to be a spectator when you get such shows when the pilot just has a relaxing flight.

If you like my videos then you can support me by buying me a cup of coffee, just click on the link in the text below the video on YouTube.

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... cool

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 3 weeks later...

Got hold of this gem last year but it was a bit tired as it had not been used for 25-30 years. Here is a little video about the story behind the model and how it now looks after many hours of cleaning and fixing. Now the model is finally ready to get back in the air and curse around as intended.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 5 weeks later...

Got this model in a trade last fall, but was unsure if I would keep it or sell it. Have now decided to keep it and have made a small unboxing video as well as assembling the model.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 3 weeks later...

Finally did I get the possibility to maiden this beauty that haven't flown in about 30 years. Had hoped that with the OS FS-91 Surpass 4-stroke that it would be enough engine to be able to cruise around 1/4 throttle, and it's perfect. Just a bit over idle with the awesome sound from the 4-stroke can I relax to 210% and just enjoy everything and just cruse around with the model at level flight. This model is going to be perfect for those beautiful summer evening's.

The model is a total home build so no brand, plans or any of that. The model is built after a full scale called "Gula Faran" in Swedish (Yellow Danger). You can find more info about the model at my Instagram or at Bj's Modellflyg Facebook group as well as more pictures. You will find direct links to Instagram and Facebook in the video description for the video on Youtube.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 4 weeks later...

Robert Wermelin flies here his new Extrem Fligth Laser 104 "with a DLE 120cc with canister, Hitec servos and Powerbox. A pure pleasure to be a spectator when Robert flies, here you get a fantastic flight display every time. He is incredibly good at controlling these big models so here is it just to sit back and enjoy the show.

Model information:
Extrem Fligth Laser 104"
DLE 120cc with canister
Hitec servos
Powerbox

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 07/06/2020 14:12:07:

Loved the EF 104" Laser, Bjarne.

I am fond of EF "biggies" and I have the EF 104" Extra 330SC the only difference being my is an electric conversion and I am pleased to report flies very well.

Sounds really nice Adrian. Do you have a video of your model, if so can you post the address so I can see it?

Cheers Bjarne

Kjell-Åke Skoog flies a Carf MIG-15 with a Kingtech 10kg turbine. A really big model with 2m wingspan and a weight of 12 kg and with really nice scale details. A fantastic model to watch and listen to when Kjell-Åke flies it.

Model information:
Carf MIG 15
Wingspan 200 cm
Engine Kingtech 10 kg turbin
Weight 12 kg

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... embarrassed

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne