Bj's Modellflyg videos

Bjarne Kvilvang

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have not been able to fly anything since all of my amazing places are under several meters of snow, but we made a small Sunday trip and had a narrow road as a runway. Used the Tundra that fits perfectly like STOL plane that shows at the short landing in this video.

The snow depth where I put Tundra at the beginning of the video is 1.85 meters (6.06 feet) high from my lawn, as you can see do we have more than enough snow now.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Bjarne, you had 6 feet of snow in beautiful Sveg, and drove out to your patch.

Here in the UK we had 6 inches of snow, and the country came to a standstill, confined to our homes

With food and water shortages

Ah well, it is Spring now, we can fly soon

Continue your posting of brilliant videos, thankyou

Thx Devcon1. Most of the snow will be gone during May, but some of the bigger piles will probably stay until June. About the bigger Tundra is the answer no, I do have the e-flight Carbon Cub Z that I enjoy as a bigger STOL plane. But if I can scrape up the founds would I absolutely by the Avios BushMule, it looks like pure fun......smile p

Thx Denis. We are used to a lot of snow, not this much then. Have my own snowblower and we use spiked tires on our cars during the winter season. I do start to miss the spring and summer, kinda tired of all the snow now and would like to get out to all my beautiful places I do have her to fly from that I can't get to now.....smile d

Thx Adrian. I just love flying and have done so sens I started back in 1980 and I do fly the whole year summer as winter, just putting on skis in the wintertime.....laugh

Thx fly boy3. I have never noticed any difference in flight time during the winter season due to lack of power. I have been flying in as low temperature as -25C, the only thing that shorten my flights then is when my fingers turn into popsicles due to that I don't like flying with glows.....wink

Cheers Bjarne

I haven't noticed any problems, the smallest lipo I use during winter is 3S 2200. In this video did I use a 3S 2600 and after this flight did I fly the Tundra without the cam on it and was just ripping it around for just over 7 min and most of the time on full throttle inverted, rolls, straight up and stall turns and did still have a lot of power left.

It may be that it doesn't get chilled as much when it's inside the fuselage and I do store them in my heated car and just takes them out when putting them in the plane and flies. They do generate some heat when being used, so in my case do they newer get really cold.

Cheers Bjarne

• 1 month later...
Filmed when I and my son Marius had fun with our RC-sledge for a few weeks ago. At the moment can't we do anything because we still have almost 1m (3.2 feet) left with rotten snow and where there is no snow it's just mud. Now it will be very warm for two weeks, so hope all the snow will disappear and that it will dry up so we can start flying again.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 2 weeks later...
After a long winter with extremely much snow and a lot of illness myself and in close family have I finally start flying again. There were some nerves on the first flight, but it quickly went over and flew several times without any crashes. So a great day, I hope that the last little piles of snow will disappear and that everything will dry up quickly now.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Posted by Dwain Dibley. on 03/05/2018 20:48:25:

Well Done Bjarne, it's good to see you back out there flying. I have been flying today too, but eventually the wind got too fast, but it was a great day out anyway.

All the Best

D.D.

Thank you Dwain, it's really good to be back, next week 10-13 may will we have a spring meeting so I'm hoping for excellent whether and a lot of flying.

Cheers Bjarne

Thx Adrian, I have been doing som "upgrades" on my old Piper J-3 Cub today. My good old 4 stroke OS glow engine have gotten an onboard glow and a LiPo voltage indicator and is now ready to fly.

Here is an older video of the over 20 years old model and still flying strong.

Cheers Bjarne