Bj's Modellflyg videos

Bjarne Kvilvang

I have purchased this amazing little model used, a small glider with a 180 cm wingspan and a small retractable EDF engine that comes up when giving throttle. This is my very first flight with this model in some hard winds, 5-6 ms with gusts up to double.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Got this wonderful model from a good friend a little bit damaged two years ago. Has now repaired this and converted it from glow engine to electrical. This is the first test flight after conversion from glow to electric. The plane flew perfect, did not have to trim anything when the model flew completely straight. A fantastic plane that will have many flights this summer.

Engine: A3720
ESC: 60A
Battery: 5S 3300 mAh

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

This is a great plane that you can play and have fun with or you can be soaring a long time with some thermals. Small and lightweight model that fits beginners and advanced pilots.

Filmed from the ground and onboard camera.

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ......

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

A fantastic model of a Hawk Mk.66 piloted by Ole Martin Vuttudal Moe, the model is very big with a fuselage of over 3m and a wingspan of 2.5m. A good pilot that makes this show a wonderful experience that you never forget.

Model: Carf BAE Hawk 1:3.75
Wingspan: 98 "(2500 mm)
Fuselage: 124 "(3150 mm)
Weight emptyl: 43 - 46 lbs (19.5 - 21 kg)
Engine: Jetcat p200

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... laugh

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

PS: Seems to have some problems with the preview videolink so here is the direct youtube link: https://youtu.be/qkVEemGgvPA 

Edited By Bjarne Kvilvang on 25/06/2018 14:34:58

Edited By Bjarne Kvilvang on 25/06/2018 14:37:05

• 2 weeks later...
Here are some highlights this year's RCFF Shootout North 2018, which was between 28/6 to 1/7. An absolutely wonderful long weekend with wonderful planes and pilots and from Friday evening to Sunday evening a perfect weather. Here is a small video with some of those wonderful models as well as skilled pilots.

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... wink

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 2 weeks later...
Here we have a maiden X2, first on the Skymaster JAS-39 Gripen (about 2m long) with a Sim Jet turbine (12.5kg). If it's not enough then this is the first time pilot Joakim Lundholm is flying turbine. A 110% successful maiden this, one would think that Joakim had flown turbine many times when he was stable as a mountain. The model also flew like a dream.

A big congratulations to Joakim

Specs:
Wingspan: 1,3 m
Length: 2,0 m
Weight: 8,6 kg.
Power: Sim Jet Turbine
Flying: Intermediate-Advanced

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

The Ford Flivver was a single-seat aircraft introduced by Henry Ford as the "Model T of the Air". The first example was displayed at the 1926 Ford National Reliability Air Tour.

Here we have managed to get 2 Ford Flivver in 1:5 scale. A wonderful sound of two four-stroke engines and incredibly fun to see two so beautiful machines in the air together.

Pilots:
Bjørn Michael Bye
Thommy Carlsson

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Robert (Sukhoi 29) and Markus (Extra 260) flyes a little on impulse because they had the same size on there planes. This flight was therefore not planned, but they did quite well as they never flown together before. Really good collaboration between Swedish (Robert) and Norwegian (Markus), a big applause for both pilots for this show.

Spec Sukhoi 29:
Model: Sebart Sukhoi 29
Vingspan: 2,6 m
Engine: DL 100
Prop: Prop: 27x10

Spec Extra 260:
Model: Pilot-Rc Extra 260
Vingspan: 2,7 m
Engine: Dle-111
Prop: 27x10

Piloter:
Robert Wermelin (Swe)
Markus Loftet (Nor)

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Not much that can beat the feelings you get when flying a good old Cub with a 4-stroke methanol engine. Circle almost at idle and just enjoy the plane in the air with the amazing 4-stroke sound, you really get the internal batteries charged for the pilot.

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... laugh

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

A real beauty this DC-3 in 1:14 scale of the Norwegian plane LN-WND. 2 amazing SC 52 fs four-stroke engines that sings in sync. Really great to see and listen to this plane being flown by Bjørn Michael Bye.

Spec on Douglas C-53D (DC3):
Brand: Topflite.
Wingspan: 209.5 cm
Engines: 2 x SC 52 fs
Scale: 1:14
Model of Dakota Norway's machine LN-WND

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... smile p

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 3 weeks later...
Read this before the video:
Unfortunately are there some pilots that have a tends to fly over humans and depo areas, and when you tell them not to do thay answer that I have flown for so many years and know what I'm doing. But what do you do when an error occurs on the model itself, as in this video. This pilot is very good and has flown for many years, but here he has no chance to do anything but be a spectator like everyone else. What had happened if this was over a depo with other pilots and spectators ..... one can only think of the thought. So for those super pilots who use the excuse to fly over people and other unsuitable places, check the video and think if it had been you.

The reason for this accident was that the right flaps loosened from the plane. The plane has been well maintained and before the flight was there nothing that looked wrong, unfortunately we could not see this. It took 1.5 seconds from the flap loosened until the plane had crashed into a big flame, you do not get much done at that time.

A big thanks for all those who helped extinguishing the fire afterwards, the flap that loosened did not even come down before people screamed for fire extinguishers, within 5 minutes had we extinguished the fire. Then we called the fire department so they could come and check due to that we have had a very dry summer. We received admiration or approval from the fire department for how quickly we acted and the safety we had at our gathering.

Brand: Skymaster
Model: F-18 E / F
Length: 2.4m
Price complete: 70,000: - sek (7600:- USD)
Weight: 15kg Fully fueled
Engine: TurbineJet (16-17 kg)
Speed: 300 Km / h

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... wink

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Ouch.

The big turbine jets are things of beauty. It is quite a thing to send something like that up; as all can be ended so quickly by a tiny failures - at such speeds there is no recovery.

Full credit to the guys on site for dealing with the smoking wreckage quickly.

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 20/08/2018 14:31:02:

Shocking viewing, Bjarne.

Not much left to salvage by the looks of it. At least it seems a major fire was averted.

Clearly the shock of it was still being reflect is someone's breathing (pilot?) when the wreckage was examined.

crying 2

The only part that survived vas the right flap that fell of and did not perished in the flames. The breathing is me filming after running without my astmamedicin, you can hear me inhaling when the plane went down to........... wink

Cheers Bjarne

Posted by Nigel R on 20/08/2018 15:01:58:

Ouch.

The big turbine jets are things of beauty. It is quite a thing to send something like that up; as all can be ended so quickly by a tiny failures - at such speeds there is no recovery.

Full credit to the guys on site for dealing with the smoking wreckage quickly.

The plan was to make a nice video of this beauty, film everything from startup, taxiing, takeoff, flying and a nice landing ...... We talked about that afterwards and agreed to use this footage as a reminder on how fast it can go wrong and hopefully make pilotos to think before flying over unsuitable places.

Cheers Bjarne

• 3 weeks later...
Chengdu J-10 3D with a fantastic Mclaren theme and a skilled pilot that flies this beautiful model with vector control. A pleasure to be a spectator when Oddbjørn flies with this model and does the most incredible things through the vector control. Looking forward to seeing many more flights of this model with Oddbjørn as a pilot.

Pilot: Oddbjørn Grimsmo

Spec on Chengdu J-10 3D:
Brand: Carf.
Wingspan: 63 "(1610 mm)
Fuselage: 101 "(2580 mm)
Weight: 11 kg (empty)
Engine: ATJ190SV (Maximum thrust : 18.8KG)

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

A perfect sunset flight with my Carbon-Z T-28 Trojan. The T-28 is a great machine that is big and stable in the air, flies like a dream, whether you're flying with full throttle or in walking speed. A perfect model for a perfect ending on a beautiful day with lots of flights.

Spec on Carbon-Z T-28 Trojan:

Brand: E-Flite
Wingspan: 198 cm ( 78" )
Fuselage: 162 cm ( 63" )
Flying Weight: 5.5kg
Battery: 6S 4000mAh 30C LiPo

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Edited By Bjarne Kvilvang on 08/09/2018 08:30:02