Getting cars serviced

Owen Hailey

Hi all.

I to day have herd that our frends in the big house in brusiles, are in there latest flash of insperation are to make our lives just that little bit more uncomfortable, and are thinking about making use go to main dealers to have our cars repaired and serviced, and we will have to go to the dealer of the make of car we have, and this will make car repairs alot more exspensive, and we will not be alowed to us the small man that has served us well in the past, also duse this mean that we will no longer be able to do our own repairs as for the nomal worker on a modest income or pentioner, it will be inposible to keep there car on the road, we need to all keep our lobying up as this will make it not posible for use to make a living and to get to our hobby sites.

Advert

I wouldn't loose to much sleep over that one Owen!

They have already dabbled in weights and measures/sausages/cheeses/pork pies and lost!

Considering the number of Independant workshops/ Garages there are. Not including the auto factor manufacturers/suppliers of none genuine parts etc..

To go down that route would be political suicide

Hi Ron.

You all ways chear me up, yes back to the horse but dues she have 12 volt hook up so I can charge my Lipo's. I think not the helis would be grounded after one battery pack as my solar panel dues not charge them quick as the mains. I would be happy with the horse but no where in the back garden to keep the stable.

nice to chat Owen.

I was in Brussels back in the early Seventies just before Britain joined the EU and I recall that a British housewife was asked her opinion on the forthcoming event.  "My God,"  she exclaimed, in horror, "Does that mean we will all have to eat that French food!"

Don't know what that has to do with fixing your own cars, but it always made me laugh. 

Hi Rocket.

how right you are we do a good job but the garage needs to get work, so will find the rubber bush and that little bit of wear and tear and charges the earth for five mints work but this is there moment on that once a year M O T so we grin and bear it.

keep the weals turning Owen.

Hi Eric.

You are of the same mind as me I only use them for Mot's and then do the work my self and as for the computers on car that has been the thing that has stopped a lot of people being able to do there own repairs and this has held it wide open for the big rip off we are now seeing.

keep it simple Owen.