Multiplex Space Scooter

Advert

There will be better answers than mine as I don't know the size/weight, but I would start with measuring the existing CofG and replace parts like for like based on weight.

Weight the existing battery, speed controller and motor and take a note of the prop size. Then aim to replace like for like within reason! If the new kit is too light I would suspect you will be well under powered, equally not much point having a ballistic rocket that has loads of lead to get the CofG and glides like a brick!

From a review on the web

Wingspan 32.5 inches
Fuselage 31.2 inches
Weight 17 ounces
Prop stock
Motor BL400
Battery 11.1v 2100mAh
Watts 178
Amps 20

• 2 weeks later...

My original Sky Scooter had a Mabuchi 380 (Speed 400) motor driving a 9 x 6ish folder through a 3:1 (I think) gearbox. The useful point is that Multiplex used the same drive train for their Easy Glider and there is plenty advice on how to do brushless conversions on Easy Gliders (I have one of those too & did do a brushless conversion)

If you can find a 2'000-2’400 kV brushless motor 20-28mm diameter with a 2,3mm shaft you can think about moving the pinion from the original motor onto the new one.
That would be OK for a 3S configuration, a 3’600 kV motor should be OK on 2S.

Although the Easy Glider did need more power, I have no plans to modify the Sky Scooter as it flew just fine with the original brushed motor.

Good luck with the conversion.