Venturing deeper into heli's

scott finnie

I've just bought a 5 blade head unit for my Esky Belt Cp 450 size helicopter. I also have the Md500 scale fuselage. All my heli's have traditional flybar heads so this is where i'm stuck scratching my head.

Is the Spektrum AR7300BX flybarless receiver what i need? I've seen other flybarless controllers though cant find out much info on what they actually do. Maybe i'm over thinking it all.

Really enjoying flying circuits with my heli's and wanting to progress with more scalelike models.

Thank you
Scott

Advert

Hi Richard
My 5 blade head is just blades and no flybar. I spooled it up today and it wants to fly though feel something isn't right. In theory she should fly though feel there's not enough bite in the tail to compensate the extra blades either. I've sent youtubers messages as many 5 blades flying but no reply

Scott

Scott I'm guessing that the servo arrangement is a 120 deg swash plate of similar. The Rx you mentioned should work, the other option would be something like a BeastX controller.

Also when you go to a flybarless controller, they do all the mixing, so all the sticks do is provide collective/power, fore/aft pitch (elevator), roll (aileron) and yaw (rudder) instructions, you then tell the controller what swashplate servo layout it has and it does the rest. It uses the gyros in a feedback loop with the control input to make the helicopter respond to the control inputs, so there is no Tx helicopter mixing required except for the collective/throttle curve. I have a flybarless Blade 300x and it's much more locked in than the previous 300 sized flybar helis I had.

From what I've read the 7300 is a 7200 but with a higher power bus for the servos for larger helis, the setup manual for a 7200 is here

Scott. I have a Beast 7200 in a Blade 450x. I purchased it secondhand ,hardly used . It had been set up by a 3d flyer for the previous owner. I couldn't control it. However , a bit of web searching discovered that tx changes to curves etc made it pleasant to fly in a scale manner. There's a Huge 500 body in the shed to go on it over the winter. So! They are good controllers and just need a bit of work to suit your style . The 450's are very small , however at not much distance. Colin

Edited By Colin Carpenter on 17/11/2016 17:09:04

Hi Frank yes its a 120 degree swash. Thank you so much for the breakdown on how the system works! I'll have a look at BeastX nonow then report back what i finally decide to purchase.

Colin its my worst nightmare when a helicopter has previously been setup for extreme 3d! I've flown similar and felt beyond twitchy.

Scott