Newbies

Tel

Hi All
Keen to get started on my new Hobby but am having trouble getting in touch with a couple of clubs in my area (No Names). I assume that the clubs are run voluntarily by its members and I am in no way getting fed up, I have emailed them 3 times each over the last fortnight without any luck, just wondering if this is the norm?

Also help me out...I sent this msg yesterday and I must have done something wrong because it got lost??....because I have NOT joined a club yet I wanted to get into the 'Newbies' section. You will have to forgive me while I get used to the website (not too good with technology).
Appreciate your time in helping me out.
Tel

Advert

Hi Tel - there is another thread by the same name as yours "newbies". lots of us have started to give each other a helping hand.
In order for us to help you with your question about contacting a club - can you tell us where about you live? And have you had a look on the BMFA website for help on this too?
Regards
Antony

Hi Antony
I didnt want to give the names out just in case I join one of them!! I got the clubs names from BMFA site and also search engine. I wanted to post last msg (re clubs) on the 'Newbies' forum. When you go to 'Beginners' then 'Newbies' theres no 'click here for new thread' or am I being a complete plonka. Just wanted to get in on the 'Newbies' section??
Tel

Welcome tel, us newbies (or returnees) are loitering under a thread rather than a section LOL, just stick your comment at the bottom and one of us will see it.
I contacted a few clubs near me in the Midlands and some don't give an actual location of the flying field, lots of lovely pics but no address! i mailed a few and heard nothing back so I think maybe the club E-Mail accounts are not always monitored very closely.

Hi Danny
Thanks for that (re thread) I understand now!! It makes it hard for people if they dont answer emails....think I'll get down to the local Hobby shop and ask them where they fly from. Thanks Danny also Antony.
Tel

no problem Tel. Just following uo on Danny's comment. The club I belong to - and another local club to me - dont tell you where their flying fields are for practical reasons - safty for visitors being one of them. However just persevere and you will get a response from one of them. Take a look see if any of your local clubs have a webpage. Often they give contact names and numbers and often email addresses too. Dont forget its Easter weekend so many of them may be out for a few days.
As Danny said many of us are returning to the hobby after many years away from it. So just keep on trying and you will get through to someone that you can talk to about joining their club.
Antony