indoor model planes

Hi chaps just built a couple of the Stevens indoor micro aircraft but would like a different power unit. A brushless motor and Esc. I dont like the power brick I find them unreliable ( its a pain in the bum to try and replace one part ). The geared motors sound worn out even when they are brand new.

So l need a little help in sizing up a brushless motor. I already own some micro receivers and servos. I know i will have to perform a little surgery to make them fit but would rather do that than fit the crappy geared motors.

Advert

Hi Mike,

thats handy l have some 1/2 s batteries from my collection of mini helis.

i bought the Fokker D7 and the Nieuport fun fly. Both very nice kits. The fokker is a little awkward to get the wing struts and incidents right ( a former or jig would be handy, eh Stevens) .

Also bought Hobby kings Biplane the copernicus, l will use this build to see how to shoe horn everything in.

Thanks for the info safe flying. Jim.

Hi trevor.

yep the brick type of controls are what most of the small indoor models have been designed around l suppose its better for the manufacturing process. What l would like is a little more choice of set up, being able to replace individual parts. l had a few failures over the season. Tried to do some replacements but did more damage with the soldering iron.