Aurora 9 programming

ADRIAN BURGE

When using the Glider model option the default for the throttle is a switch. No problem there if you want a straight on/off. How to you select dual rates on Switch "C" to give Off, 50% and 100% throttle settings? You cannot get individual switches in the D/R menu. I would think that this option is not impossible. The Manual is of no help at all

Hi Adrian - I had this problem with an F5J model I have where I wanted the crow function on the throttle stick, so I put throttle on a basic on/off switch, and to be fair, it worked fine. So full throttle for launching, switch it off, glide around and hopefully not need to switch it on again for a good while, and I didn't really need proportional throttle.

Having full throttle was totally fine for this, until I decided to select both crow and throttle to work from the throttle stick and using a two position switch to select between the two, so select one position, move the stick and away she goes. When I want crow function I then flick the switch to position 2, and then I have proportional crow.

Steve

A470soaring

Thanks for the quick replies. Ref. the answer from Denis, it is easy to assign a switch. The difficulty is setting a 3 way up for dual rates.

I like the solution from Steve. Is it possible to give me a quick instruction for setting it up. I have been struggling with this problem for a couple of days and my brain is getting a bit fuddled, I`m seeing Aurora screens in my sleep crook

Adrian

Adrian - Throttle/Crow function I think works off J3 (mode 2), which is the throttle stick. But as with any other function on the A9, you can assign a switch for this also, so just go through the usual routine and select a switch. It's as simple as that. This also acts as a sort of safety/isolation switch for the motor.

I have a smaller, 2m glider with motor where I have the motor on the throttle stick, but I have also added a switch to it as well.

So when I land, I just flick the switch to isolate the motor, as in the past I have accidently knocked the throttle stick whilst carrying the model back to the pits, although I now also unplug the battery immediately before picking up the model.

Just remember that with the A9 the possibilities are almost endless and you can do just about anything with it. The manual is good but it doesn't tell you everything, so it sometimes just takes a little thought and playing around with to achieve what you want.

I love my A9! laugh

Steve

A470soaring

Bwlchfest 2017 - The slope soaring event of the year. Be there June 10th/11th