Vicomte 1915 / Baron 1914 - General Info Thread

As a few votes for the Mass Build 2017 went to the Baron 1914 kit - from the French 'Baron Models' - or the Svenson Vicomte 1915 plan - free to download at Outerzone, I was asked to start this thread to concentrate some usable info on here instead of 'clogging' the different build blogs that were started already.

Entrance here free as well, of course. wink

Cheers

Chris

Advert

Hi Steven,

Welcome aboard, young man.

Following the info from the designer himself, for aileron wings you should just use half of the original dihedral.

Christian Chauzit has been building his basic design converted to a shoulder wing - the Super Baron in 2006 - as well, to a 'parasol' wing (cfr The Duke from Svenson), to a float plane, a model equipped with large skis for 'soft' snow, to a biplane, to an 'indoor' Light Baron with 1000mm wingspan, to a 150% (2400mm w/s) model for the Coupe des Barons in Laon (FR), So, I guess he knows what he's talking about... wink

I'm planning mine being electric as well, probably on 3S to keep the AUW low, as the Vicomte/Baron was intended as a slow trainer and certainly not a high speed 'hooligan' or 3D-machine.

If you consider functional flying wires, it is able of the basic aerobatics though. But that was never the basic idea of the concept in the good ol' days.

Cheers

Chris

• 1 year later...

I'm off to my first model aeroplane competition, La Coupe Des Barons. It's an event for a very basic French trainer in which you have to make the model do things that it was never intended to do. 😁 I haven't flown the model as much as I would have liked but I'm a club-level instructor instructor in both Great Britain and France and it's only a three channel trainer so what am I worried about? Famous last words. For those who want to see what it's all about have a look at this, scroll down to Video Coupe and watch the mayhem! **LINK**.

Doubtless there'll eventually be a film of my poor efforts. This is the one to look out for. Wish me and Baron Boris Buggeroff the best of luck!

baron ready for the coupe (2).jpg